Take a romantic and budget friendly break
Sometimes you just need to grab that special someone, and get away from it all.
A long weekend away together can do wonders for your relationship – and your poor, tired self!
With Easter on the way, now is the perfect time to plan a little lover’s escape.
Hit the beach
- No matter where you are around Australia, there’s loads of beautiful coastal destinations to enjoy.
- Squeeze the last out of the warm weather – jump in the car and hit the road. Chances are you won’t have to drive too far to reach seaside spot.
- From the Central Coast of NSW, or Torquay in Victoria, to Queensland’s Gold Coast or Tasmania’s beautiful East Coast, there’s a budget break nearby that’s just waiting for the two of you.
Float away together
- Online discount deals site Red Balloon have some cheap yet luxurious romantic getaways just waiting to be snapped up.
- Browse the best deals near you, and start packing!
Short city breaks with that special someone
- Check out the weekend flight and hotel deals on offer at Expedia.
- If you book one of their flight and hotel deals, they pledge you’ll make savings equal to the cost of your flight or a night at your hotel.
- That’s a pretty good deal, so start browsing today!
Happy to chance your luck
- Not fussy about where you go, as long as you’re together?
- If you’re both happy to wing it, don’t book too soon. Instead, keep an eye on the last minute super-special deals on sites like Wotif.
- You can nab some great discounts by snapping up unsold seats and hotel rooms.
Put a little mystery in your lives
- Up the element of romance and surprise by booking yourselves a Mystery Break.
- These deals include flights and 4 or 5 star accommodation at a destination that’s only revealed a day before you fly off into the sunset together.
- Sit back, relax, and go where the journey takes you!
Flying in? Be aware that prices will soar
- If you’re planning to take a flight to enjoy an Easter getaway, it will likely come at a hefty cost.
- Prices in peak periods like Easter are usually at a premium. Make some smart savings by nabbing seats on flights that leave early in the morning or late at night.
- Another way to save some cash is to take off a day either side of the Easter long weekend. You can get cheaper seats by flying outside of the busiest dates.
- Browse for the best flight deals on sites like Webjet, Expedia and Zuji.
Save by going self-contained
- If you’re booking accommodation for you and your loved one, look for something that has a kitchen and suss out where the nearest supermarket is to buy your groceries.
- You’ll save big bucks by cutting the added costs of eating out. Instead, dine it to enjoy a romantic meal for two.
- When you’ve got each other, who needs to hit the town anyhow, right?!