There’s a lot more than just books
Gone are the days where your local Logan library was a boring, book lined room where you dared not make a sound for fear of being shushed! Nowadays, libraries are vibrant places full of dynamic spaces for meeting, researching or reading, online and audio visual resources and workshops for young and old alike.
Ditch the clichéd stereotypes, and discover what your local library has to offer.
Huge range of fun events
Logan Libraries have a busy calendar of events and clubs.
- For the adults there’s options including
- And for the kids, there’s clubs and events like
Check out the current events program for what’s on soon at your nearest branch.
Where to go
Lucky local residents are spoiled for choice when it comes to Logan library locations – there’s 9 Logan libraries to choose from.
Check out the detailed location and facilities available at the one closest to you:
Sign up online!
Not a Logan library member? Sign up now, it’s free!
- You can also join by heading into your local branch and you just need one form of ID that shows your address.
- Anyone living in the Logan area, or in the Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich, Redlands or Scenic Rim areas can also become a member for free.
- Check out this handy guide to membership of your local Logan library.
Drive through Logan library
Yep, for real!
- In what’s a first for the southern hemisphere, the Logan Hyperdome Library offers a drive through pick up for your reserved items.
- Just head to the right side of the front entrance.
- You can also use the after hours shute to return your previously borrowed items.
So, what else is on offer?
Apart from books – check out the huge range of facilities on offer through Logan Libraries.
- Free Wi-Fi and online services – you can also use the library computers to access the internet, Office software and CD-Roms
- Online catalogue – search for your books, movies and music but without leaving home!
- Movies and music – check out the DVD, CD and MP3 collections
- Meeting rooms that can seat up to 50 people and include audio visual equipment and access to tea and coffee facilities.
- Study rooms – to provide valuable quiet space for reading and studying.
- Photocopying, printing and scanning services
- Just for kids – along with a huge range of kids’ books, kids will love the Kids Storytime sessions, not to mention the Wii and PS4 consoles and games!
- Accessibility Centre – the Logan North Library also contains features equipment and computer programs to assist those with visual, hearing, speech or physical impairments
Or, read and research from home!
Logan Libraries have an amazing (and free!) online resource centre which anyone can use.
- Now you don’t even need to leave home to access and enjoy all of the library’s facilities!
- This eResource brings together some great online tools and databases for a while range of reading, research and fun.
- Categories also include
So go on, jump into your local library today and join the fun!