Living in the Morayfield area? Here’s our top 10 tips for making some extra cash
Need some extra cash fast? You know that City Finance are always here to help, and you can get access to a quick cash loan anytime you need it. Just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Morayfield branch for a chat and some helpful advice.
But if you’re also looking for some creative ways to make a bit of extra cash to boost your budget, here’s our top 10 tips!
- Get crafty, and get cashed up!
If you’re handy with the sewing machine, a whizz at baking beautiful treats or have a talent any other kind of handicraft, why not try selling your wares at the local markets?
- From sewing beautiful children’s clothes and accessories, transforming old glass jars into beautiful plant-filled terraniums, upcycling old furniture finds or baking up a batch of tempting delights, turn your passion into cash!
- Try touting your wares at some of the many markets around the Morayfield area.
Have a garage sale
Declutter and make some extra cash at the same time!
- Clear out your garage, spare room or shed and get ready to turn your unwanted goodies into valuable extra cash.
- Try this handy garage sale guide from the Moreton Bay Regional Council.
- Use local community noticeboards and social media groups to list your own garage sale, or you could try online garage sites like this one.
- Boost your budget with babysitting
It’s the one service that’s always in demand amongst parents desperate for a break! I
- If you’re a parent or have experience with childcare or nannying, babysitting is a brilliant way to make some fast cash.
- Pop some flyers up at your local supermarket or community noticeboard, letterbox drop nearby families with children, and get the word around with any local connections to young families.
- There’s lots of reputable websites that you could look into listing your services on, so that local families can find and get in touch with you. Take the time to compile some good references and remember to include any useful additional skills you have, such as a Child Care Certification, First Aid Certificate, drivers licence and your own car.
- Try Find A Babysitter, We Need a Nanny, Babysitters Guide and even Gumtree.
- Turn partytime into cash time!
The booming market in kids birthday parties is a great opportunity to boost your budget and make some cash.
- From creating eye-catching cake creations, providing party entertainment like face painting or kids sports and activities, or even offering a complete party planner service, from the invitations right through to the lolly bags – a lot of families will happily pay someone good cash to take this work off their hands! So dust off your fairy wings or Superman suit and get ready to bust out your inner child, and boost your budget!
- Advertise your services by setting up a dedicated Facebook page or putting up flyers at your local neighbourhood shops and school noticeboard.
- Or try advertising at local kids party hotspots such as Chipmunks in Morayfield or Inflatable World in Caboolture.
- Walk (or sit!) your way to extra cash
Love animals? Why not make some fast cash walking dogs for busy owners, or pet sitting for families while they’re away.
- Get tempted into temping
Register with your local temp agency and take on extra work when you need extra cash.
- From administrative and reception work to warehouse roles and labouring, extra pairs of hands are always in hot demand.
- Get in touch with local agencies like Max Solutions, Epic Employment Service or Sarina Russo in Caboolture, and get ready to boost your budget in no time!
- Get paid for saying what you think
Yep, you really can!
- Companies need people like you to let them know what you think of their products and services.
- Register for paid market research opportunities with market research companies such as Farron Research, My Survey and Focus People.
- Sell your scrap for cash
Got an old car or metal appliances lying around gathering dust and rust?
- Get a flatmate
Got a spare room?
- Boost your budget by getting a flatmate to help cover the rent or your mortgage and share the household bills.
- Check out local listings on websites like Real Estate, Flatmates and Trovit to either find a flatmate, or advertise your room, and turn your spare room into spare cash today.
- Refer a friend to City Finance
You know how easy it is to get a quick cash loan from your local Morayfield branch. Simply spread the word and tell your friends! If your friend gets a City Finance loan, we’ll pay you a cash reward. Refer a friend today!