Our top fast, easy and budget friendly ideas to show Mum your love this Mother’s Day
Mum deserves a whole lot of thanks for everything she’s done for you over the years. We have a few ideas that could see you become number one on May 8th, even though she swears she doesn’t have a favourite child!
While Mum has probably insisted she doesn’t want any fuss or expensive presents this Mother’s Day, this is one of those times where it’s ok not to do what Mum says! The good news is, you don’t have to splash a load of cash and blow your budget to show Mum how much you love and appreciate her.
An expensive day spa package is out of reach for most of us – but the experience doesn’t have to be!
- Make Mum a pretty pamper pack without spending a load of cash. It’s fun and easy to do and she’ll adore a few relaxing hours to herself.
- Set up Mum’s bathroom with some relaxing music and candles and add some of these homemade indulgences to give her a beauty spa experience at home.
- Use this easy guide to make Mum some homemade lavender milk bath salts.
- And these gorgeous rose milk bath bombs are simple to make, but look super impressive!
- And to add to the authentic day spa experience, whip up this indulgent passionfruit tea sugar body scrub, or this aromatic coffee body scrub.
- Complete the experience and treat Mum to one of these homemade face masks – options include organic banana, honey and papaya…..yum!
Treat Mum to a gourmet family meal together – she’ll love you for it!
The gifts Mums love best are those that use your time and talents, instead of your cash!
- There’s loads of beautiful crafty creations that you can put together for Mum in no time at all, and without spending a fortune. You’ll find lots of inspiration here and here.
- Let your inner Picasso shine and follow this easy guide to creating a gorgeous canvas painting for Mum.
- Or whip up this glittering jewelled photo frame and pop a picture of yourself in it – what more could Mum want!
- Or why not try some DIY together? Many Bunnings stores are running free fun family nights in the lead-up to Mother’s Day. Head along with the family and Mum can be treated to a free 5 minute massage, plus there’s yummy food for everyone, craft, face painting and Lego workshops for the kids, and outdoor heating and fire pits alight and on display for Dads. See what’s happening at your local store and book in for some free family fun, Mum will love it!
Create a getaway
Whisk Mum away from the everyday! Use your imagination – instead of your cash! – to create a great day out for Mum.
- Active Mums will love having the family join them on a bushwalk through your local national park or perhaps a coastal stroll. Or jump on your bikes and enjoy a cycle together!
- Nature loving Mums will enjoy a scenic and relaxing picnic together. Use this handy guide to throwing a cheap and easy picnic and treat Mum to an outing at her favourite beach, lookout or park.
- Movie loving Mums will love being treated to a trip to the movies – why not take her to see the new Mother’s Day movie? Starring Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston and Kate Hudson, she’ll love enjoying a few laughs with you.
- And the movies needn’t cost you a small fortune – click here for cheap movie tickets for Telstra or Optus customers, and the RACQ or NRMA also offer members cheap movie tickets.
However you choose to show Mum how much she means to you this Mother’s Day, just remember that you can make her day in lots of fast, easy ways without spending a load of cash or blowing your budget.
And to really make Mum’s day, why not win her $1000? Snap a selfie with Mum (or Nana, or your kids!) and send it to City Finance on Facebook, and you could be our lucky winner!
Happy Mother’s Day from all of the team at City Finance!