Music makes the world go round! No matter what style you’re into, there’s nothing quite like soaking up the vibe of your favourite music being played live. You don’t need a limitless budget to go to expensive concerts. Here’s some local spots where you can enjoy live music in Sydney CBD.
Get jazzy with it
- If getting jazzy makes your heart sing, then Venue 505 in Surry Hills has you covered.
- This timeless jazz club feature some of the best jazz acts in town, and entry is often free!
- Check the gig listing on their website for event details.
Local Inner Sydney gigs for free
- To find out when and where live music gigs are happening around Inner Sydney, Maroubra and Redfern areas, check out the Sydney Gig Guide.
- There’s also this great guide to where to see free live music in Sydney – every night of the week!
Enjoy authentic pub and restaurant gigs
- In Redfern, the Lord Raglan Hotel has free live music on weekends, and is a great spot to take in a blues and soul vibe.
- The Newsagency in Marrickville is an intimate and funky live performance space where you can even BYO. They host a range of live music, and some of it is free!
- Head to Frankies on Hunter Street in Sydney, where there’s always live music on offer, and always free.
- The Oxford Art Factory in Darlinghurst hosts a range of music acts. Many of their Gallery Bar performances are free or by donation.
- In Chippendale, Fredas offer free entry to many of their gigs if you’re there early enough. Check the gig listings on their website for details.
Sing yourself silly
- Enjoy a karaoke crack-up! Bring a few laughs to your live music experience by creating it yourself.
- Head to the Orient Hotel in The Rocks on Friday nights to grab the mic and become a rock star!
- The action kicks off at 9:30pm, and entry is free before 9pm.
- Karaoke is always a fun night out with mates. Whether you’re brave enough to take to the stage or prefer the role of adoring (or horrified!) fan, the live music laughs are guaranteed.
The big gigs
- Sure, you might need to stretch your budget a little (or perhaps a lot!), but sometimes a big name comes along and you’ve just gotta find a way to be there.
- Around the Inner Sydney area you might catch some big names performing at Newtown’s Enmore Theatre, ANZ Stadium or Qudos Bank Arena. Some of the big acts touring this year include Ed Sheeran and Lionel Richie.
- Try your luck on some discounted last minute tickets. Head to Lasttix to check out what cheap tickets are on offer around Sydney CBD.
- But be warned about buying dodgy tickets online. If the ticket you purchase from an unauthorised seller isn’t genuine, you’re likely to be refused admission to the gig. You’re essentially throwing your cold hard cash down the drain!
With plenty of free and cheap options to get into the groove, hit the town and enjoy some live music in Sydney today!
We can help you with fast cash to get out on the town
- Want to broaden your musical horizons or indulge in an expensive stadium style concert?
- City Finance can help you come up with the fast cash you need!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Sydney CBD branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 9212 2267, or apply online today!