Music makes the world go round! No matter what style you’re into, there’s nothing quite like soaking up the vibe of your favourite music being played live. You don’t need a limitless budget to go to expensive concerts. Here’s some local spots where you can enjoy live music in Wollongong.
Get jazzy with it
- If getting jazzy makes your heart sing, then the Unanderra Hotel has you covered.
- They’re home to the Illawarra Jazz Club, and host a free live jazz gig every Saturday afternoon from 3:00 to 6:00pm.
Local Wollongong gigs for free
- To find out when and where live music gigs are happening around Wollongong and the Illawarra area, check out this Wollongong Gig Guide.
- There’s also this great guide to upcoming concerts and live music in Wollongong and events around the Illawarra.
Enjoy authentic pub gigs
- The Kiama Leagues Club has a huge range of free live music to choose from, with performances every Friday and Saturday night from 8pm, and Sunday afternoons at 4pm.
- Head to the Shellharbour Club for free live music from 6pm on Friday and Saturday nights.
- In Wollongong, head to Rad Bar at the end of Crown Street Mall. This funky little space hosts budget-friendly live music, with some great acts at bargain prices.
- Or head to the Howlin Wolf Bar in Wollongong for some guaranteed loud music and good vibes.
- Also in Wollonong, the Illawarra Brewery host some great free live music, and Red Square on Keira Street host a number of live music acts.
- In Thirroul, Ryan’s Hotel has a great line-up of free live music acts, and host an open mic night every Thursday.
Sing yourself silly
- Enjoy a karaoke crack-up! Bring a few laughs to your live music experience by creating it yourself.
- Head to the Harp Hotel in Wollongong to grab the mic and become a rock star! They have free karaoke from Friday through to Sunday nights.
- Or check out this guide to some of the best karaoke bars around the Wollongong area.
- Karaoke is always a fun night out with mates. Whether you’re brave enough to take to the stage or prefer the role of adoring (or horrified!) fan, the live music laughs are guaranteed.
The big gigs
- Sure, you might need to stretch your budget a little (or perhaps a lot!), but sometimes a big name comes along and you’ve just gotta find a way to be there.
- Around the Wollongong area you might catch some big names performing at Wollongong’s WIN Stadium and Entertainment Centre, or in Sydney at Newtown’s Enmore Theatre, or at ANZ Stadium or Qudos Bank Arena. Some of the big acts touring this year include Ed Sheeran and Lionel Richie.
- Try your luck on some discounted last minute tickets. Head to Lasttix to check out what cheap tickets are on offer around Wollongong.
- But be warned about buying dodgy tickets online. If the ticket you purchase from an unauthorised seller isn’t genuine, you’re likely to be refused admission to the gig. You’re essentially throwing your cold hard cash down the drain!
With plenty of free and cheap options to get into the groove, hit the town and enjoy some live music in Wollongong today!
We can help you with fast cash to get out on the town
- Want to broaden your musical horizons or indulge in an expensive stadium style concert?
- City Finance can help you come up with the fast cash you need!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Wollongong branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 4208 3321, or apply online today!