It’s that time of year again – already! Summer school holidays in Nerang mean you need a quick list of fast, easy and budget-friendly ways to entertain the kids.
Fun, free and cheap kids activities around Nerang that will fit your budget
The Gold Coast’s Community Centres Youth Program offers a fun and free range of activities for 12 – 17 year olds these school holidays in Nerang.
- At a range of different locations including Nerang, along with Coomera, Upper Coomera and Pacific Pines, there’s an irresistible range of free activities to keep the kids busy these school holidays.
- Check the online program for your closest centre for dates and activity details.
- Head to your centre on any day and simply complete a registration form on arrival.
Get the kids into some free and active outdoor fun around Nerang, thanks to Gold Coast City Council.
- The Game On Kids – Summer holiday program promises lots of fun, fitness and laughter for the kids these summer school holidays in Nerang.
- The Game On Kids Summer Holiday Program runs from 9 December 2017 to 21 January 2018.
- The kids can get into the spirit of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, with activities including
- My Athletic All Stars Series,
- Game On Mini Commonwealth Games Days,
- Ninja warrior obstacle madness,
- Game On Rugby,
- Pop up sports playgrounds,
- Boredom busters,
- Skate and Scooter Sessions,
- Splashtacular water fun, and;
- Dancer day out
- Jump online for full details and to register.
Switch screen time for green time
Get the kids back to nature these school holidays.
- The NaturallyGC Nature kids on the coast has an amazing array of free and low cost events near Nerang.
- Keep an eye out for their summer holiday program, with events including
- Conservation quests in the Gold Coast Botanic Gardens
- Eco explorers adventures
- Nature arts and crafts
- Walking on the wild side in the Coombabah wetlands
- Most activities are free, but bookings are essential. Check the website for details.
Free and creative library fun
Check out the awesome free kid’s activities hosted by Gold Coast City Libraries.
- Primary school aged kids can head to Nerang library to make a Mexican yarn mandala at 10am on 14th Register here!
- There’s a load of other activities for the kids aged 6 to 12. These include making giant bubbles at Helensvale, wind chime making at Robina and Southport, geometric craft at Burleigh Waters and Robina, and creating a colourful creature book at Runaway Bay.
- Teens can enjoy creating LED Christmas cards at Southport, crafting calico bags at Broadbeach or Burleigh Waters, or making bon bons at Robina.
- Check out the full program here – most sessions are free, but bookings are essential.
Active outdoor fun for free!
- Celebrate summer in Nerang! Wear the kids out with some active outdoor fun.
- Enjoy some fun in the sun at any one of the Gold Coast’s many beautiful beaches.
- Feel like a swim? Splash right in to one of the Gold Coast’s aquatic centres. Locations to choose from include Nerang Aquatic Centre along with Helensvale, Miami, Mudgeeraba, Palm Beach, Southport, Upper Coomera and Woongoolba.
- For more free fun, pack a picnic and head to your local park. Use the Gold Coast park finder to choose a new spot.
- Or jump on your bikes for some cycling fun. The Gold Coast City Council has some great info on cycling around our beautiful area, including cycling on the Gold Coast and a cycling network guide.
Need some extra school holiday cash?
- If you need a fast small cash loan to help see you through the school holidays, City Finance understand and are here to help.
- Just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Nerang branch, or give us a call today on 1300 10 10 33.
- You can also apply online today!