The holidays are here! That means it’s time to come up with some boredom busting ideas that will keep the kids happy during the school holidays in Wollongong without busting your budget.
Fun, free or cheap entertainment during school holidays in Wollongong
Free and creative library fun
Check out the awesome free kid’s activities hosted by Wollongong Libraries.
- School holiday workshops are free and include a hip hop dance, Lego, a Spanish fiesta, kid’s movies, teddy bear’s picnic and craft sessions.
- These activities are held at library branches including Corrimal, Thirroul, Dapto, Warrawong and Unanderra.
- Check out the program for full details and bookings for all of these great activities during school holidays in Wollongong.
Head to the beautiful Wollongong Botanic Garden these holidays for heaps of flowerpot fun.
- The kids will get to make their own flowerpot. They then pot up plants to take home and join the Talking Tree on a roaring adventure.
- The daily Flowerpot Adventure activities include the 10am fabulous flower treasure hunt, 11am potty crafts, and 12:30pm Talking Tree garden show.
- Suitable for kids aged 3 to 12 years, the cost is $12.50 per child or $23.50 for a family. No bookings necessary.
Get them smiling and silly!
Big Fat Smile’s jam packed school holiday Fun Club program operates across more than a dozen sites around the Wollongong area.
- They host an irresistible range of activities to keep the kids busy these school holidays.
- With fun excursions including a Ninja Warrior Challenge, Laser Tag and Inflatable World, and in-centre days including skate deck design, a Hawaiian party, cupcake day and a ride or scoot day, there’s something for everyone!
- For kids aged 5 – 12 years old, some centres open as early as 7am and through till 6pm, so working parents needs are covered too.
- Bookings essential – check out Big Smile Club for your local centre and program details.
Budding Picassos should head to the Wollongong Art Gallery for some of their fun school holiday workshops.
- Workshops include themed half and full day sessions with materials and techniques including painting, print making, collage and clay.
- There’s something to suit all ages from 5 through to 14 years. Check the online program for dates, details and booking information.
Hit the park!
It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper! – than heading to your local park for hours of fun this school holidays in Wollongong!
- Throw some snacks and scooters into the car and get exploring – why not use the Illawarra park finder to venture to a new playground? Parks are a free, fun way to get the kids off your back and work off all of that excess energy!
- Don’t forget to pack yourself a picnic rug and a book. If you’re lucky, you might even get a few moments peace to relax and enjoy the sunshine!