The holidays are here! That means it’s time to come up with some boredom busting ideas that will keep the kids happy during the school holidays in Morayfield without busting your budget.
Fun, free or cheap school holiday entertainment in Morayfield
Free and creative library fun
Check out the awesome free kid’s activities hosted by Moreton Bay Region Libraries.
Spring into some active outdoor fun these school holidays in Morayfield!
Get the kids off their devices and into some free and active outdoor fun, thanks to Moreton Bay Regional Council’s Active Kids Park Sessions.
- This program will tempt the kids outdoors with loads of fun activities including kayaking, water polo, hockey, hip hop, golf and tennis.
- The range of activities is sure to inspire kids of all ages. Get the full program and latest info and head along to your closest location.
Ramp it up!
Kids wanting to learn how to scoot or skate will love the free Ramp Up program.
- These free sessions in skateboard, scooter, parkour and disc golf group are delivered by experienced coaches.
- There’s sessions both for beginners and those looking to sharpen and extend their skills.
- Check the full program and book now.
Hit the beach!
Now that the warm spring weather is here, the best way to wear the kids out is with a fun day at the beach!
- Enjoy our stunning stretch of coastline and spring into the warmer weather at some of our beautiful beaches.
- Grab the sunscreen and towels and hit the sand and surf at your favourite spot.
- Pack some cold drinks and snacks in the Esky. The kids will be both happy and well fed, and your day out needn’t cost you a cent.
Hit the park
It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper – than heading to your local park for hours of fun!
- Parks are a free, fun way to get the kids off your back and work off all of that excess energy!
- Throw some snacks and scooters into the car and get exploring – why not use the guide to some of Moreton Bay’s best playgrounds to venture to a new spot?
- You could also check out the council’s guide to all the other great parks in Moreton Bay.
- Don’t forget to pack yourself a picnic rug and a book. If you’re lucky, you might even get a few moments peace to relax and enjoy the sunshine!
On your bike!
Once the kids have had enough of the park and want a change of scene, hit the bike path.
- Kids love getting out and about on their bikes, and the Morayfield area has some great tracks and trails.
- The Moreton Bay Regional Council has some great info on cycling around our beautiful area, including cycling in Moreton Bay and a cycling network guide.