The holidays are here! That means it’s time to come up with some boredom busting ideas that will keep the kids happy during the school holidays in Nerang without busting your budget.
Fun, free or cheap entertainment these school holidays in Nerang
Switch screen time for green time
Get the kids back to nature these school holidays.
- The NaturallyGC kids school holiday program has an amazing array of free and low cost events, including:
- Tree planting at Nerang
- Nature play in Mudgeeraba
- Walk in the wild side at Coombabah
- Marine biology at Hope Island
- Most activities are free, but bookings are essential. Check the program for details.
The Gold Coast’s Community Centres Youth Program offers a fun and free range of activities for 12 – 17 year olds these holidays.
- The range of different locations includes Nerang and Upper Coomera.
- There’s an irresistible range of free activities to keep teens busy, including sports, craft, movies and games.
- Some centres have activities in both weeks of the holidays, and some in just one – check with your closest centre for program details.
- Head to your centre on any day and simply complete a registration form on arrival.
Spring into some active outdoor fun during the school holidays in Nerang
Get the kids into some free and active outdoor fun, thanks to Gold Coast City Council.
- The Active & Healthy holiday program will tempt the kids outdoors with loads of fun activities designed to get you into the spirit of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Try out some skills and drills with GC2018 sports including
- Ninja warrior training
- Diving clinics
- Sparky Do Dah’s mini Game On
- Suncatcher workshop
- Pro scooter series at Pizzey Park
- Scooter and skateboard workshops
- Interactive kids cooking classes
- Come and try nippers
- Gecko sports come and try
Free and creative library fun
Check out the awesome free kid’s activities hosted by Gold Coast City Libraries.
- For the kids aged 6 to 12, activities at Nerang library include Troll magnet making, Tintin’s sleuthing sessions, wild things sculpting, Lego and Minecraft mania and a Willy Wonka design challenge.
- Teens can enjoy exploring digital collage at Southport, check out the creative space at Broadbeach, or make badges and bookends at Southport.
- Check out the full program here – most sessions are free, but bookings are essential.
Hit the park
It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper – than heading to your local park for hours of fun.
- Parks are a free, fun way to get the kids off your back and work off all of that excess energy!
- Throw some snacks and scooters into the car and get exploring – why not use the Gold Coast park finder to venture to a new playground around Nerang?
- You could also check out the council’s guide to all the other great parks around Nerang and the Gold Coast.
- Don’t forget to pack yourself a picnic rug and a book – if you’re lucky, you might even get a few moments peace to relax and enjoy the sunshine!
On your bike!
Once the kids have had enough of the park and are ready for a change of scene, they can jump on their bikes.
- Kids love getting out and about on their bikes, and the Nerang area has some great tracks and trails.
- For some great info on cycling around Nerang check out this cycling guide with maps.