Simple slow cooker budget meals
Feed the family for $5? Pffffft. We can hear your shouts of “As if!” from here. But slow cooker budget meals just got a makeover by thrifty Queensland Mum Paulene Christie. All you’ve gotta do to make it happen is take it slow. Real slow!
Slow Cooker Queen budget meal ideas
- The newly-crowned Slow Cooker Queen is here to prove that feeding a family on a tight budget is a challenge that you can conquer!
- Most of us struggle to come up with budget-friendly, tasty meals without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
- But Paulene and her secret weapon can show you how easy it can be.
- All you need is a slow cooker and you’ve got these slow cooker budget meals sorted!
Not just for casseroles
- Many of us make the mistake of thinking that a slow cooker can do little more than a stew or casserole.
- But Paulene insists that your slow cooker can be used all year round and for any type of meal, from breakfast right through to lunch and dinner.
A meal in five minutes, for just $5!
- Recently appearing on Channel 9’s A Current Affair, Paulene, the Slow Cooker Queen showed us just how easy – and cheap! – slow cooker budget meals can be.
- She whipped up many of her favourites, including her $5 brekkie wraps – a tasty way to start the day and featuring parmesan, mushrooms and eggs, in just five minutes!
Breakfast and lunch boxes made easy
Budget slow cooker meals and super easy baking
- Keep your cooking on budget by using cheaper cuts of meat like chuck and blade steak.
- This is only one of their many advantages, according to Paulene.
- A slow cooker is a massive time saver that can make busy family evenings easier as dinner is already taken care of.
Grab a slow cooker and get on board the slow train!
If you haven’t got a slow cooker, you can grab one for just $20 at discount stores like Kmart, then try any of these slow cooker budget meals.
Slow cooking superstar
- For more tasty slow cooker budget meals that will tempt your tastebuds without busting your budget, check out Pauline’s recipes and tips at Slow Cooker Central.
- And don’t miss the handy Slow Cooker Central App.Access fabulous and budget-friendly meal ideas when you’re on the go or doing the supermarket shopping.
Get slow and get social
And for some great dinner inspo, follow Pauline on Insta @slowcookercentral and like her Slow Cooker Central Facebook page.