Cheap ways to soak up some fun in the sun
The sun is shining and the mercury’s rising! Celebrate summer by getting out and about in sunny Midland.
Here’s some top cheap, easy and safe ways to soak up the sunshine, without emptying your wallet.
Pop into the pool
Want peace of mind while you and the family take a dip?
- The City of Swan operate 3 aquatic centres which have professional life guard supervision.
- Check the website for each for their location, facilities, opening hours and entry fee details:
Got a pool at home?
Keep your family and friends safe – remember to keep watch!
- Tragically, 37 drownings occurred in Western Australia between 2015 and 2016.
- Keep watch! Drownings can occur because no-one is properly supervising use of the pool.
- Make sure you, your family and your pool are ready for a safe and sunny summer.
- Check out this handy information on home pool safety from the Royal Life Saving Society.
Hit the park – the water park, that is!
Woodbridge Riverside Park is a fabulous playspace that will delight the kids.
- This eco adventure play zone includes sand, nature and water play. There’s also a ship and raft, carousel and spinners, a sway fun rocket and flying fox.
- There’s a great water play area for the kids to splash about and cool down in.
- This is a great spot for a picnic and a perfect spot to launch a kayak or canoe for a paddle on the river.
Follow the rainbow
The kids will love the Rainbow Waters Playground opposite the library in Ellenbrook.
- This award winning water park has 15 interactive water features which include fountains, bubble jets and spray guns.
- And best of all – it’s free!
Head outback for a splash
If you can stretch your budget a little, treat yourselves to some fun and adventure at The Maze in nearby Bullsbrook.
- It features the fabulous Outback Splash waterslide park that will delight the whole family.
- This 3 story, 6 slide waterslide playground has the splash of the giant tipping bucket, thrilling slides and wacky water spray features.
- Surrounded by lush green lawns, large trees and picturesque gardens, it’s a great place to relax on a hot summer’s day.
- You will need to stretch the budget a little – prices start from $22 for seniors, $29.50 for concession or $107 for a family.
- Or why not ask Santa to bring a season pass? These are $65 for a child or senior, and $79.50 for an adult.
- Your admission also includes access to a range of fun mazes, mini golf, the giant jumping pillow, children’s playground and more.
Fill up the Esky
The summer sun means you (and the kids!) will quickly work up a thirst and be looking for a snack.
- Don’t let your day out cost the earth and have to hit the local shops for expensive refreshments.
- Keep an Esky on hand at home, and when packing for your day out throw in some cold drinks, fruit and snacks that you’ve pre-purchased at the supermarket.
- This will save you a small fortune and prevent a blow to your budget taking the shine off your day.
Stay sun safe
The last thing you want is for your fun in the sun to be ruined by a dose of nasty sunburn.
- Remember to Slip, Slop, Slap!
- Slip on a shirt, slap on some 50+ sunscreen, and slap on a hat.
So go on, what are you waiting for? Get out there and enjoy a beautiful summer in Midland!