Cheap ways to soak up some fun in the sun this summer in Morayfield.
The sun is shining and the mercury’s rising! Celebrate summer by getting out and about in sunny Morayfield. Here’s some top cheap, easy and safe ways to soak up the sunshine this summer in Morayfield, without emptying your wallet.
Pop into the pool
Want peace of mind while you and the family take a dip?
- There are 14 public swimming pools to choose from in the Moreton Bay region, and most have professional life guard supervision.
- Check the website for each for their location, facilities, opening hours and entry fee details:
Kids splash zone!
- For some extra fun for the kids, don’t miss the Zero Depth Splash Pad which opened last year at Deception Bay Aquatic Centre.
- This ultimate kid’s splash zone features a mega soaker dumping bucket, sneaky soaker, water cannons, and colourful spray features.
Got a pool at home?
Keep your family and friends safe – remember to keep watch!
- Tragically, 66 drownings occurred in Queensland between 2015 and 2016.
- Keep watch! Drownings can occur because no-one is properly supervising use of the pool.
- Make sure you, your family and your pool are ready for a safe and sunny summer in Morayfield.
- Check out this handy information on home pool safety from the Royal Life Saving Society.
Lay about at the lagoon
Settlement Cover Lagoon at Redcliffe is THE spot to enjoy the sunshine.
- This paradise by the sea is the perfect spot to enjoy a summer’s day with the kids.
- With multiple areas to enjoy, there’s a fenced off pool area just right for little ones, and lots of sandy lagoon areas, inlets and rocks to explore, and a riverbed.
- With loads of space to wade around, and the water gets progressively deeper towards the middle for more competent swimmers.
- Settlement Cove has professional lifeguard supervision during the summer in Morayfield.
- There’s also a great shaded kids playground nearby and loads of great picnic facilities, as well as changing rooms and toilets.
- And best of all, it’s all completely free!
Hit the beach
There’s no better way to celebrate the gorgeous summer sunshine than with a trip to the beach.
At the beach, conditions can change very quickly. What may seem like calm and safe conditions can quickly turn.
- Remember these rules to stay safe at the beach this summer:
- Don’t swim alone
- If there are no flags up, don’t go in the water
- Only swim at patrolled beaches
- Swim between the red and yellow flags
- Follow the advice of lifeguards and lifesavers
- If you get into trouble, stay calm and raise your arm
- Check out this handy guide to beach safety for some top tips to stay safe this summer.
Fill up the Esky
The summer sun means you (and the kids!) will quickly work up a thirst and be looking for a snack.
- Don’t let your day out cost the earth and have to hit the local shops for expensive refreshments.
- Keep an Esky on hand at home, and when packing for your day out throw in some cold drinks, fruit and snacks that you’ve pre-purchased at the supermarket.
- This will save you a small fortune and prevent a blow to your budget taking the shine off your day.
Stay sun safe
The last thing you want is for your fun in the sun to be ruined by a dose of nasty sunburn.
- Remember to Slip, Slop, Slap!
- Slip on a shirt, slap on some 50+ sunscreen, and slap on a hat.
So go on, what are you waiting for? Get out there and enjoy a beautiful summer in Morayfield!