Holiday fun on a budget in Morayfield
Keep the kids entertained without busting your budget
School holidays are here again! Keeping the kids entertained can be exhausting – and expensive. And if you’re unemployed or trying to get by on a low income, keeping the kids entertained on your tight budget can be a real challenge.
Beat boredom without needing to blow a load of cash on expensive outings and entertainment – here’s some fun, free or cheap ideas!
Free and creative library fun
Check out the awesome free kid’s activities hosted by Moreton Bay Region Libraries.
- Activities include making clay animals, Mario Kart racing, growing bean sprouts, Lego and a liquid nitrogen show.
- There’s also competitions, challenges and adventures including mazes, word searches and a treasure hunt.
- Check out the program for primary school kids here – all sessions are free, but are filling fast, so register today!
- And there’s also a great program of activities for teens, including helicopter drones, digital comics, cupcake decorating and 3D printing.
Spring into some active outdoor fun
Get the kids off their devices and into some free and active outdoor fun, thanks to Moreton Bay Regional Council’s Active Kids Park Sessions.
- This program will tempt the kids outdoors with loads of fun activities including
- Scooter lessons
- Skateboard workshops
- T20 cricket
- Drum beats
- And awesome fun and games for the whole family
- The range of activities is sure to inspire kids of all ages. Get the full program and latest info and head along to your closest location.
Hit the beach!
Nothing wears the kids out better than a fun day at the beach!
- Enjoy our stunning stretch of coastline and spring into the warmer weather at some of our beautiful beaches.
- Grab the sunscreen and towels and hit the sand and surf at your favourite spot.
- Pack some cold drinks and snacks in the Esky, and the kids will be both happy and well fed, and your day out needn’t cost you a cent.
Hit the park
It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper! – than heading to your local park for hours of fun!
- Parks are a free, fun way to get the kids off your back and work off all of that excess energy!
- Throw some snacks and scooters into the car and get exploring – why not use the guide to some of Moreton Bay’s best playgrounds to venture to a new spot?
- You could also check out the council’s guide to all the other great parks in Moreton Bay.
- Don’t forget to pack yourself a picnic rug and a book – if you’re lucky, you might even get a few moments peace to relax and enjoy the sunshine!
On your bike!
Once the kids have had enough of the park and are ready for a change of scene, hit the bike path!
- Kids love getting out and about on their bikes, and the Morayfield area has some great tracks and trails.
- The Moreton Bay Regional Council has some great info on cycling around our beautiful area, including cycling in Moreton Bay and a cycling network guide.
Fun for teens, too!
The Moreton Bay School Holiday Activities For Teenagers (SHAFT) program offers a fun and low cost range of activities for high school kids these holidays.
- With a huge range of sports including beach volleyball and surf lessons, raft building and canoeing, archery and abseiling, there’s an irresistible range of free activities to keep the teens busy these school holidays.
- Activities are a bargain with prices between just $2 and $10.
- Spots fill fast so jump online and book now.