Tips to get your business up and running
Got a great business idea that you want to launch, but not quite sure where to start?
A handy new app can help get your startup started.
Help is at hand
- There’s a lot involved in setting up your own business. A lot of planning, researching, financing and work goes into getting your business off the ground.
- It can be hard to know where to start!
Get the app!
Going into business for the first time? Check out the ASIC First Business app.
It will guide you through the steps to get your own business started.
What the app can do for your startup:
- Run you through a business health check to help you decide if you’re ready to run your own business.
- Progress through a valuable starting your business checklist. Get your head around business formalities and legal requirements like registrations, licences, tax and super responsibilities.
- Explore and learn from business case studies. Understand what things that can go wrong – and how to avoid them
- Provide network building ideas and info to help you build a business network for your startup.
- The app also features a handy reading list function. Save topics of interest and request more info to be emailed through to you to explore when you’re ready.
Check out the app today!
Download it for free from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Other startup tools and tips
- For more help planning your business startup, check out this handy Business Plan Template and Guide.
- It will help you through the process of writing a customised business plan.
- A good business plan will help set direction and strategy, and to secure the finance you need for your startup.
- Or get your business plan underway with the handy MyBizPlan App.
- Download it for free now from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Startup traps to avoid
While you’re getting your business running, here’s some tips to keep in mind.
- Prepare a comprehensive business plan
- Seek expert advice for any specialist areas you’re not confident of your knowledge in
- Embrace social media to build brand awareness, customer loyalty and market share
- Be prepared to learn and tackle a steep learning curve
- Engage in constant professional learning and training
- Believe in yourself!
- Don’t presume that you can do everything yourself
- Don’t work 24/7! You need to have some balance or you’ll burn out, fast
- Don’t overpromise and under deliver. Know your business’ capacity so that you don’t disappoint your customers.
- Don’t panic if you’re not an instant overnight success
- Don’t be afraid to acknowledge if you’re not succeeding – have a Plan B