The best local options to maximise your cash back at tax time
July means tax time. No matter who you are – a low or high income earner, a student, retiree, or on Centrelink benefits – and where you are around Narre Warren, we all have one thing in common. We want to maximise the amount of tax we get back in a cold, hard cash refund. Here is how you can benefit from your tax return in Narre Warren.
Your tax return in Narre Warren
- If you’re not sure if you need to lodge a tax return this year, use this handy online tool from the ATO to find out.
How do I complete my tax return?
You have 2 options:
- Do your tax return yourself
- Pay someone around the Narre Warren, Berwick, Cranbourne and Beaconsfield area to do it for you
Doing your tax return
- Completing your own tax return is nowhere near as scary or as complicated as it sounds.
- The ATOs myTax service takes you step by step through the process. It’s completely free and there’s lots of info and help provided along the way.
- Once you’ve lodged your return, you’ll get your tax refund within about 2 weeks.
- Watch this video to see how easy it can be.
Paying someone to do your tax return in Narre Warren
- If the idea of doing your own tax return stresses you out, then consider using a local Narre Warren tax agent to help.
- As well as knowing you’re getting accurate advice that will help maximise your deductions and tax refund, any fees you pay them are tax deductible.
Here’s some registered tax agent options around Narre Warren that you could consider:
- H&R Block Tax Accountants in Narre Warren, Berwick, Hallam or Casey Central in Narre Warren South. Their options include having them prepare your tax return in their local offices for you, or guidance using their DIY or assisted online tax return service.
- itp the Income Tax Professionals in Dandenong. Book an appointment to visit an agent in their Dandenong office, or use their handy assisted online tax return service.
- RBK Advisory in Narre Warren help any individual or business with tax advice and returns, to maximise your deductions and your tax refund.
- eTax – a fast and easy online service that offers live online and phone help from qualified accountants. Their expert tax agents check your return to maximise your refund and prevent any problems.
- You could also check out some of the other registered tax agents near you in Narre Warren.
- When deciding on a tax agent to use, make sure they’re registered with the Tax Practitioners Board.
What if I can’t afford to pay someone to do my tax return in Narre Warren?
- If you need but can’t afford help with your tax, check if you qualify for the ATO’s Tax Help
- This free and confidential volunteer service provided by the ATO provides expertise and advice for those trying to complete their tax returns themselves.
- It’s designed especially to help people on low incomes or people who would describe themselves as:
- People from non-English speaking backgrounds
- People with a disability
- Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders
- If you earned under $60,000 in 2016-17, check the criteria here to see if you might be eligible for Tax Help.
- If you qualify, have your MyGov account setup and ready, and call the ATO on 13 28 61 to make an appointment with the Tax Help centre closest to you in Narre Warren.