Free and cheap health and fitness ideas in Inner Sydney
New year, new you – right?! Make 2018 the year you follow through on your health and fitness goals, without busting your budget. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of cash to start looking good and feeling great.
Top spots around Inner Sydney for health and fitness on a budget
A free personal trainer is just a phone call away!
Sydney residents can take part in NSW Health’s free Get Healthy program.
- Smash your New Year’s health and fitness goals with this free and confidential phone coaching service.
- You can get up to 10 free coaching calls with a personal health coach for up to 6 months. Get all the info and support you need to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Give them a call today on 1300 806 258.
- Why not try a new team sport to get you moving and motivated.
- There’s a huge variety of sports and training options and facilities all over the Inner Sydney area.
- Check out what’s happening near you and at your local Inner Sydney sporting club.
Walk your way to good health – it’s free!
Free fun run
- Runners will love jumping onto the Park Run bandwagon.
- Every Saturday morning you can head to your nearest site to join a free 5km run.
- There’s a Park Run each week at St Peters, or check out their website for other locations and more info.
Hit the gym for free
- Don’t spend a fortune on an expensive gym membership. Sydney has lots of great parks where you can have fun with the family while working on your fitness.
- Check out these fabulous free outdoor gyms in suburbs including Camperdown, Ultimo, St Peters, Surry Hills, Bondi, Clovelly, Queens Park and Rushcutters Bay. There’s also a great fitness circuit at Sydney Park in St Peters.
- These outdoor gyms are a great way to improve your fitness level and general coordination.
- Check out this guide to all the other great parks in Inner Sydney and explore one near you today!
On your bike!
If cruising on two wheels is more your style, Sydney has some spectacular cycling routes and trails.
Free Senior’s exercise classes
The NSW Active & Healthy initiative offers a range of free exercise programs for older residents living around Inner Sydney.
- From Tai Chi and Yoga to walking groups and strength building or gentle exercise classes, there’s something to suit all needs.
- Jump online to check out the range of active seniors classes available near you.
Need some quick cash to fast-track your fitness?
- If you need a small cash loan to get your fitness kick off on the right foot, just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Sydney CBD branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 9212 2267, or apply online today!