Cash-free fun at these kids parks in Sydney to wear the kids out!
When you need to entertain the kids and are on a low income and tight budget – hit these kids parks in Sydney! It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper – than heading to one of these fab kids parks in Sydney CBD.
Here’s 10 top kids parks in Sydney
A big backyard in the city
Both the kids and the dog will love Chelsea Street Playground in Redfern.
- This charming communal play space has creative swings, slides and climbing frames, along with a chalkboard and cubby houses.
- There’s a great kitchen garden to explore, and a dog lawn for your four legged friend.
Get back to nature
For a shady and picturesque riverside play, head to Steel Park in Marrickville.
- With eco-friendly water play fun, flying fox action and loads of fun bike tracks, this playground has it all.
- There’s also several slides, a climbing frame, swings and a seesaw.
Rock into some fun
Adventurous climbers will love the Ashfield Park playground.
- A climbing rock wall houses a double slide, swings, a cubby house and loads of wooden and spring animals to ride on and climb.
- Kids of all ages will love the huge net swing. Plus there’s a rope climbing structure to challenge the older kids.
Go on an adventure!
There’s something for everyone at Wulaba Park in Waterloo.
- This adventure playground features a giant slide, climbing tower, tunnels, nets and swings to keep the kids entertained for hours.
- It also has a landscaped picnic and barbecue area, bike racks, handball and table tennis courts.
Picture-perfect play by the sea
After a swim at the beach the kids will love playing at Maroubra Beach playground.
- Little pirates will love the large ship play structures and the climbing frame, wobbly bridge and surfboard rocker.
- There’s lots of open green space and bike paths nearby, and bigger kids will love the nearby skate park.
Get away from it all
For somewhere you and the kids can escape the bustle of the city, head to 40 hectares of green space at Sydney Park in St Peters.
- Here there’s a modern playground featuring a colourful hill area that has four different slides. Plus there’s load of climbing frames, a spider web, wobbly bridge and swings. There’s even a swing for wheelchair users.
- There’s also a dry creek bed and sandpits to explore, and bike tracks galore – including roundabouts and traffic lights!
Fully fenced for safety
If you’ve got a little one prone to running away – Clementson Park in Bondi Junction is for you!
- Although compact, this colourful playground is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers as it’s fenced and has a safety gate.
- Play equipment features a colourful train, climbing fort with slides, swings, a see-saw and musical play.
Have a splash in the city
Let the kids splash into Darling Quarter Park at Darling Harbour in Sydney CBD.
- There’s loads fun here to delight all ages.
- Water games, climbing ropes, jumbo and ring swings, slides, sandpit. Plus a flying fox and a supanova roundabout will keep the kids entertained for hours.
- And best of all, it’s free!
The kids will love playing harbourside at Pirrama Park playground in Pyrmont.
- While you’ll need to supervise the kids carefully so they don’t take an unplanned dip, they’ll love the water spouts, swings, rope climbing and shaded sandpit.
- There’s also plenty of grassy space to kick a ball around and great paths for bike riding.
Handy for parents and kids
The playgrounds at Moore Park’s Entertainment Quarter provide fun for both kids and parents.
- Conveniently located amongst the buzz of restaurants, cinemas, bowling and other attractions, these shaded playgrounds have seating and the added bonus of 2 hours free parking.
- There’s separate play zones for kids under and over six, with soft fall flooring and forts, cubby houses and climbing frames.
If you are planning on spending a little more on the kids than visiting these kids parks in Sydney, we may eb able to help. Maybe you’re in need of a quick cash loan to help you out, visit the friendly staff at our City Finance Sydney CBD or call on (02) 9212 2267.