Cash-free fun to wear the kids out!
When you need to entertain the kids and are on a low income and tight budget – hit the park! It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper – than heading to one of these fab local parks around Midland for hours of fun!
Here’s 10 top kids parks around Midland
- Ahoy, me hearties!
Little pirates will love Pirate Playground in Ellenbrook.
- With a large pirate ship set amongst the sand and palm trees, kids can walk the plank on balance beams and play with a treasure chest.
- There’s also a hammock and whales, swings and a see-saw, and rope climbing.
- Eco play adventures
Woodridge Riverside Park is a great spot that offers something for everyone.
- This fabulous playground features an eco-adventure play zone with sand, nature and water play.
- There’s also a ship and raft, spinners, a rocket, flying fox and much more. You won’t see the kids for hours!
- The ultimate family day out
You can’t go past Whiteman Park for a day of play and picnicking that will please all the family.
- There’s several playgrounds to choose from in this magnificent park that’s 10 times the size of Kings Park!
- The kids will love cooling off in water play park, which has paddling and wading pools along with fun water spouts.
- Get sporty
Lilac Hill Park in Caversham is not just for cricket!
- While known for its premium cricket facilities, there’s also a great kids playground for the littlies.
- Along with a fun flying fox, they’ll enjoy the fort and slide, as well as climbing the ladder, monkey bars and bridge.
- Or take a picnic and enjoy the riverside location while dropping in a line to enjoy a spot of fishing.
- Riverside spot to get away from it all
Kings Meadow Reserve in Guildford is a serene riverside spot.
- The kids will enjoy the playground with flying fox, fort with slides, sliding poles and a ladder and bridge, monkey bars, and swings.
- There’s also some lovely jetties for fishing and launching a canoe.
- Cute and compact
Natham Square Park in Swan View is great for kids of all ages.
- Play equipment includes a play frame with a slide, ladder and fireman’s pole, and for the older kids there’s swings, monkey bars and climbing frames.
- There’s also a basketball half court and a track for scooting or riding.
- Feed the ducks!
Play by the lake Wexcombe Way Park in Aveley.
- Kids will love feeding the ducks at this lovely lakeside park.
- The playground has forts, slides, tunnels, bridges and springs as well as monkey bars, climbing wall and poles and activity wall with noughts and crosses.
- Play near the planes
Point Reserve in Bassendean is one of a few picturesque parks along the river.
- Kids will love the climbing frame with long wavy slide and mini flying fox, as well as the swings and sandpit.
- And plane enthusiasts will enjoy watching the planes coming in to land overhead!
- Waterside picnic and play
Play beside the water at AP Hinds Reserve at Riverside Gardens in Bayswater.
- This fenced playground has several different slides and swings along with fireman poles, a tunnel, a springy surfboard to ride and a spider web to climb.
- Use the many picnic tables and bbqs to enjoy a picnic and play ball games on the grassy lawns.
- Skating fun
Older kids will love the skate park at Fleming Reserve in High Wycombe.
- There’s also a fun playground to keep other kids entertained, featuring climbing frames, slides, swings and rockers.
- And Mum and Dad can grab a workout on the outdoor fitness circuit!