Grab a blanket and the esky for budget busting outdoor dining
Who says eating out has to be expensive? Forget splashing a load of cash at a fancy restaurant. There’s no better way to enjoy a bite to eat than sitting out in the sunshine with family, friends or your special someone. For a cheap and easy meal out, nothing beats hanging out at one of these great picnic spots in Logan.
Here’s 5 top picnic spots in Logan
Something for everyone
With something to entertain everyone in the family, Logan Gardens Park is one of the must-do picnic spots in Logan.
- You picnicking needs and well and truly covered at Logan Gardens Park. There’s lots of grassy open space, sheltered picnic tables and electric bbqs.
- The kids will love the fenced all abilities playground, featuring a climbing wall, forts, musical play equipment, sand play and slides.
- Bring the dog along as there’s an off-leash area where he can enjoy himself too!
- And if you over-indulge at lunch, work it off in the outdoor gym!
- Other facilities include a bike track, bocce, disc golf and toilets.
Get back to nature
Throw down a rug and unpack a picnic on the sprawling green lawns at Berrinba Wetlands.
- With great bbq facilities and lots of picnic tables and shelters, the kids can enjoy several shaded playgrounds.
- Big kids will love the flying fox, and there are loads of paths for bike and scooter riding.
- Dogs are welcome too, just be sure to keep them on the leash.
- Other facilities at Berrinba Wetlands include toilets, water stations and 8km of walking tracks and boardwalks.
A park with a difference
Most kids need less screen time and more green time. Look no further than Karawatha Nature Play Space.
- This fabulous and innovative family park has large picnic lawns, sheltered tables and free electric bbqs.
- But the best feature of the Karawatha Nature Play Space is the innovative playground that will keep the kids occupied for hours.
- Nature based play spaces will challenge the kids to get back to nature, take risks and get dirty. There’s also a water play space with a rocky dam.
- Enjoy one of the many bushwalking tracks, and pop into the Karawatha Forest Discovery Centre.
More fun for the kids – and dog!
Underwood Park ticks all the boxes one of the best fun and action-packed picnic spots in Logan,
- There’s loads of open space at this huge and beautiful park.
- There’s lots of covered picnic shelters and bbqs, and some great playgrounds for the children, including the fabulous Peter-Pan themed Funderwood Hollow.
- Bring the dog with you, as there’s a large off-leash area where he can run around.
- With other facilities including basketball, BMX and skate areas, this is one spot that’s guaranteed to please everyone in the family!
You can’t go past Darlington Parklands for a location that’s guaranteed to please the kids,.
- There’s loads of picnic shelters, bbqs and grassy spaces for picnicking and playing games.
- Featuring an amazing free waterpark, Darlington Parklands has a range of water play activities plus shallow pools for the kids to splash about in.
- There’s also a basketball court and a fabulous playground featuring a climbing dome, flying fox, multi swing, musical wall, forts and a sand pit.
- Other facilities include toilet blocks, outdoor gym and a boardwalk amongst the wetlands.
- And if you’re enjoying a dinner picnic, don’t miss the daily LED light show!
So shake off the last of the winter weather! When the sun’s shining, pack a picnic to enjoy a fun, free day out with friends and family.