Grab a blanket and the esky for budget busting outdoor dining
Who says eating out has to be expensive? Forget splashing a load of cash at a fancy restaurant. There’s no better way to enjoy a bite to eat than sitting out in the sunshine with family, friends or your special someone. For a cheap and easy meal out, nothing beats these picnic spots in Narre Warren.
Here’s 5 top picnic spots in Narre Warren
Fun and fishing in the fields
For an action-packed picnic, head to Casey Fields Regional Playspace and Village Green in Cranbourne East.
- With beautiful landscaping and fabulous picnic table and BBQ facilities, this place has got the lot.
- Set over 3 hectares, there’s loads to enjoy including interactive art sculptures and a village green community space.
- Little adventurers will love the climbing and play structures, including nets, rope bridges, swings, slides and a pirate ship.
- You can even throw a line in and enjoy a spot of fishing in the lake that is regularly stocked with rainbow trout.
Get back to nature
Nature lovers will love packing a picnic and heading to Wilson Botanic Park in Berwick.
- With a stunning oak tree lined entrance, this 39 hectare gem attracts visitors from far and wide and is a sanctuary to an abundance of native animals.
- The picnic areas are the perfect place to relax and enjoy a BBQ with family and friends.
- The kids will love the amazing playground, and everyone can enjoy the wonderful walking tracks around the picturesque lakes.
- Unique to this spot are two fossil seams. Science buffs will enjoy these sites, which reveal evidence of a tropical rainforest from many years ago.
Enjoy a relaxing picnic amongst the tranquility of the Royal Botanic Gardens in Cranbourne.
- These beautiful native bushland gardens are home to an amazing range of plant and animal life.
- There’s car parking available on site and two picnic areas to choose from.
- The Woodland Picnic Area has picnic shelters, BBQs and a fabulous kid’s playground with a rock pool waterway. Or there’s the Stringybark Picnic Area set amongst the tall trees.
- This is a great spot to relax and enjoy all that nature has to offer.
- Use this handy map to help plan your visit.
There’s something for everyone at Cockatoo Recreation Reserve.
- This peaceful parkland area in the Dandenong Ranges has picnic tables and BBQ facilities to help create the setting for the perfect picnic spot.
- If you have kids in tow, kick back and relax as there’s plenty to amuse them!
- Little kids can wear themselves out on all of the fun play equipment, and the big kids will love the skate ramp, basketball, netball and tennis courts, and athletics facilities.
Both big and little kids will love the fun and adventure of Ray Bastin Reserve in Narre Warren.
- There’s loads of open green space, along with picnic table and BBQ facilities.
- But the real attraction here is for the kids. Better known as ‘Rocket Park’, this action-packed playground features a large rocket ship climbing structure and an astronaut’s control panel.
- Along with spinners, rockers, and a dune buggy to play on, there’s lots of bridges, ladders, climbing nets and twisting slides to explore.
- There’s also some great bike and BMX tracks to enjoy, along with a skate park.
So shake off the last of the winter weather! When the sun’s shining, pack some snacks to enjoy a fun, free day out with friends and family at one of these picnic spots in Narre Warren.