Grab a blanket and the esky for budget busting outdoor dining
Who says eating out has to be expensive? Forget splashing a load of cash at a fancy restaurant. There’s no better way to enjoy a bite to eat than sitting out in the sunshine with family, friends or your special someone. For a cheap and easy meal out, nothing beats these picnic spots in Nerang.
Here’s 5 top picnic spots in Nerang
Something for everyone
You can’t go past Hinze Dam on the Nerang River as the perfect spot for a relaxing day out.
- This magnificent spot has four different picnic areas to choose from, as well as bbqs and loads of walking and cycle paths.
- So pack the kid’s scooters and bikes along with your picnic, and have a fun day out!
- There’s also a café, some great fishing spots and a kids playground.
- Use this handy guide to help plan your day.
Let the kids run wild
If you’ve got kids who have energy to burn, head to Jindalba Drive Park in Coomera.
- There’s lots of grassy spaces, picnic shelters and a bbq.
- But best of all, your little diggers will love the playground. There’s a massive sandpit which will delight both big and little kids who love to get their hands dirty!
- There’s also loads of climbing and play equipment.
Hit the Hinterland
It sometimes pays to get yourselves off the beaten track for a few hours.
- For a change of scene, head for the hills from Nerang and enjoy beautiful Mt Tamborine.
- Here you’ll find a delightful little picnic spot on Main Western Road, where you can enjoy million dollar views with your meal.
- This magical spot is on a cleared patch of the western escarpment and is equipped with benches and binoculars.
- Enjoy your picnic with a view over an evening sunset, or head along earlier in the day and marvel in watching the hang gliders take off.
The jewel of Beaudesert
Jubilee Park in Beaudesert is a great spot for a family picnic.
- You can relax and enjoy your picnic at one of several sheltered picnic tables, and there’s electric BBQs and toilet facilities.
- The kids can run wild here, with three playgrounds in one and a play space for all ages.
- Little ones can have fun in the fort and on spinners, swings, and slides in the junior playground, and there’s a second Lions playground across the road.
- There’s also a teen friendly zone with skate park, basketball half court and other chill-out spaces.
- The family can enjoy riding their bikes or scooters on the range of pathways here, and you’ll love feeding the ducks.
Chill out in Jimboomba’s newest park
The newly completed Jimboomba Park is a huge recreation zone and a great spot to spend the day enjoying one of the best picnic spots in Nerang.
- As well as a great picnic area there’s a kid’s playground, walking tracks and fitness equipment, skate and bike paths.
- The area is also home to the Jimboomba Pony club along with netball and football fields, so there’ll be lots of sporting action for you to kick back and enjoy watching.
So shake off the last of the winter weather! When the sun’s shining, pack a picnic to enjoy a fun, free day out with friends and family.