7 quick and easy ways to boost your budget and make some fast cash
When you’re unemployed, a student, on Centrelink benefits or struggling to get by on a low income, you might be looking for extra cash in Newcastle.
Here’s some unusual and easy ways you could make extra cash in Newcastle
Sell your stuff
- One man’s trash is another man’s treasure – you’ll be surprised how much cash others might pay for your unwanted goodies!
- Host a garage and list it on Gumtree under Newcastle area garage sales.
- Or list your unwanted furniture or other items for sale on Gumtree or the Trading Post.
Rent your spare room
- A fast and easy way to get cash to help with the rent is to sublet a room.
- Use sites like Flatmates or Real Estate to list and browse share accommodation options in Newcastle and the Hunter.
Crafty and cashed up!
- Use your talents to become cashed up. Consider making and selling handmade items at local markets.
- Whatever your passion – sewing, horticulture, baking or upcycling old furniture finds – turn it into cash!
- Try making cash at some of the many markets around the Moreton Bay area:
Sell your skills
- Got a skill you can make cash from? Perhaps you’re a talented wordsmith or a whizz at graphic design.
- Use your skills to make cash online.
- Promote your services amongst your network of contacts and check out the range of freelance work available online in the Newcastle area.
- If you love illustrating or capturing interesting images with your camera, turn them into cash!
- Register your images and creations online on sites like iStockPhoto.
- You’ll earn cash every time someone uses your work.
Do odd jobs
Want to be paid to shop?
Still need some extra cash in Newcastle, fast?
- If none of these ways to make fast extra cash are for you, and you need a bit more cash for an unexpected expense, City Finance understand and are here to help.
- If you need a small cash loan to help you through, just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Newcastle branch in Mayfield for a chat, or phone us on 1300 10 10 44.