Save your cash – the best things in life are free!
You don’t have a splash a load of cash to show your Valentine how much you care. Nothing says “I love you” more than a DIY gift. Not only are you using your time and talents to create a token of your love – you’ll save money and keep your gift on budget.
7 special DIY gifts you can create this Valentine’s Day
- Sweets for your sweetheart
The way to your Valentine’s heart is through…a lolly jar!
- Make your Valentine a big jar of their favourite sweets and treats.
- Then wrap it with a big red bow and top it off with a note telling them how much they mean to you.
- Every time they dip in to grab a sweet, they’ll think of you!
- A love cheque book!
Give them a gift that keeps on giving!
- Create a homemade booklet of love coupons for your special someone to redeem whenever they feel like it!
- Include coupons for treats you know your Valentine will enjoy. Think breakfast in bed, a candlelit home-cooked dinner, a foot massage – you’re only limited by your imagination!
- Give them a ‘time out’
No, we don’t mean sending them to the naughty corner!
- Chances are your Valentine would love a little time to themselves – especially if they have kids!
- Arrange for your Valentine to spend a day doing what they enjoy, with no interruptions allowed. Whether that’s a day at the beach or staying in their PJs to watch movies all day – make it happen!
- Take care of the kids, cooking and housework, and let your Valentine bliss out for an entire day. They’ll love you for it!
- Float away with a bouquet
Forget about buying flowers on Valentine’s Day – they’re crazy expensive.
- Make a balloon bouquet
- Grab a packet of balloons and some ribbon from your supermarket.
- Blow up a few red and pink balloons (or your Valentine’s favourite colours!) and tie together into a floating bouquet.
- Blissful bubbles
Who doesn’t love a relaxing bath? But who’s got time?!
- Love letters
Everyone loves a surprise!
- Write and hide little love notes for your Valentine to discover throughout the day.
- Under their pillow, inside the bathroom cabinet, in the car, and in their lunch. All day long you’ll be reminding them of how much they mean to you.
- Get back to nature
Spend some quality time relaxing together outdoors.
- Pack a romantic picnic and head to a nearby lookout, park or special spot, and have a cheap and hassle free outing enjoying each other’s company.
However you and your special someone celebrate your love together this Valentine’s Day, just remember – the best things in life are free!