The Illawarra is rapidly becoming a diverse cultural hub for art, technology, music, and food.
The innovative Blender Festival showcases just how much art, culture, food and entertainment this spectacular part of the world has to offer. This unique blend of music, arts and technology has something for everyone – young and old, traditional and modern, music, food, cinema and much more!
- Young minds (and their Mums and Dads!) can explore and engage in fun and creative learning activities in the Early Start Discovery Space.
- Music fans of all ages can rock out at the Yours & Owls Music Festival.
- Street and graffiti artists can showcase their talents and take in those of some of the world’s best with the Wonderwalls Check out some of the amazing creations!
- Skateboarding fans can see some of the country’s best battle it out on an epic purpose built street course. Think you can ride it? Bring a helmet and pads, sign a waiver and join in!
- Shift your mind with Mind Shift, a Q & A forum of industry experts from the tech, music and arts spheres that aims to challenge perceptions and tackle some serious topics, along with the sublime and quirky.
- Foodies can enjoy a sensory dining experience and front row seats to watch the chefs put on a show using innovative cooking techniques including; molecular gastronomy, osmosis and liquid nitrogen in the Lagoon Experimental Kitchen’s Degustation Through The Decades.
- Plus there’s digital art and printing workshops, surf cinema, and much more!
If culinary delights are your passion, grab your fellow foodies and embrace the new #ComeDineWithMe initiative from Wollongong Central.
Designed to embrace and reflect the growth in the food and beverage operations opening up in area, #ComeDineWithMe is a booklet that takes foodies on a culinary journey along Keira Street and through Globe Lane to restaurants inspired by tastes of Spain, Asia, Hungary, Japan, Cuba, Thai, the US and Mexico.
Start exploring, and discover the huge range of cuisines available! Treats to try include
- Coco Cubano – captures the essence of Cuba with an Australian twist.
- Kurtosh – traditional Hungarian pastry and other cakes sold by weight, so you can choose how much to indulge.
- Kinn Thai – stir-fries and curries packed with flavour.
The initiative has also seen the launch of smartphone app Pronto, where you can order your lunch (or dinner) via your device, then be sent a notification of when it’s ready to pick up. Grab the app and order your meal the easy way!