11 November 2016
There’s a lot more than just books
Gone are the days where your local library was a boring, book lined room where you dared not make a sound for fear of being shushed! Nowadays, libraries are vibrant places full of dynamic spaces for meeting, researching or reading, online and audio visual resources and workshops for young and old alike.
Ditch the clichéd stereotypes, and discover what your local library has to offer.
Huge range of fun events
City of Gold Coast Libraries have a busy calendar of events and clubs.
- For the adults there’s learning programs including
- And for the kids, there’s clubs and events like
Check out the current events program for what’s on soon at your nearest branch.
Where to go
Lucky Gold Coast residents are spoiled for choice when it comes to library locations – there’s 15 Gold Coast libraries to choose from.
Check out the detailed location and facilities available at the one closest to you:
- Broadbeach Library
- Burleigh Heads Library
- Burleigh Waters Library
- Coolangatta Library
- Elanora Library
- Helensvale Library
- Mudgeeraba Library
- Nerang Library
- Palm Beach Community Lounge and Library
- Robina Library
- Runaway Bay Library
- Southport Library
- Upper Coomera Library
- Local Studies Library
- Special Needs Library
Need a new book to read, but can’t get to the library today?
- Check if the mobile library is in your area.
- Carrying a wide range of books for adults and children, as well as a good selection of CDs, DVDs and audio books, the mobile library visits more than 20 locations throughout the year.
- You can even request they bring a particular item with them.
- Check the Mobile Library Timetable to find out where they’ll be next.
Sign up online!
Not a library member?
- Head into your local branch today to join – it’s free.
- You just need two forms of ID, including one that shows your address.
- Anyone living in the Gold Coast area, or in the Brisbane, Logan, Redlands or Scenic Rim areas can become a member for free.
So, what else is on offer?
Apart from books – check out the huge range of facilities on offer through Gold Coast Libraries.
- Free Wi-Fi and online services – you can use the library computers to access the internet, Office software and CD-Roms
- Online catalogue – search for your books, movies and music without leaving home!
- Movies and music – check out the DVD, CD and MP3 collections
- Meeting rooms – booking one is as easy as filling out a request form.
- Media lab with specialist computing equipment and software
- Photocopying, printing and scanning services
- Baby rhyme, storytime and reading sessions for the kids
Or, read and research from home!
Gold Coast Libraries have an amazing (and free!) online resource centre which anyone can use.
- Now you don’t even need to leave home to access and enjoy all of the library’s facilities!
- This eResource brings together some great online tools and databases for a while range of reading, research and fun.
- Categories include
So go on, jump into your local library today!