11 October 2017
With Christmas and summer fast approaching, most of us start thinking about ways to come up with enough cash for our gift shopping and holiday plans.
Try some of these top ideas to boost your budget with some extra cash in Newcastle. Making some fast cash can be easy, even if you’re on Centrelink benefits or a low income.
7 quick and easy ways to make extra cash in Newcastle
1. Whistle your way to fast cash
- Firstly, if you’re the sporty type and a stickler for the rules – turn your passion into cash!
- Become a paid referee for your favourite sport at one of the many sports clubs around Newcastle.
- Whatever your sport – from basketball or futsal to rugby or touch footy, contact your local Newcastle club. You can whistle your way to some extra cash as a referee this season.
2. Get paid to get fit
- If you love getting outdoors, why not get paid to go walking?
- Walk your way to some fast cash by grabbing a job delivering catalogues in the Newcastle area.
3. Get a flatmate
- Coming up with the cash to pay your rent can be made easier by splitting the cost with an extra flatmate.
- If you’ve got a spare room and need some help paying the bills, advertise for a flatmate around Mayfield, Hamilton and Wallsend on sites like Flatmates or Real Estate.
4. Get paid to say what you think
- Online surveys can pay you some good cash for simply sharing your opinion.
- Becoming a mystery shopper is also another way to earn some fast, extra cash in Newcastle the easy way.
- Check online for mystery shopper and online survey work available around Mayfield and Newcastle.
5. Dogs and cats can equal fast cash!
- If you’re an animal lover, turn those walks and cuddles into some extra cash in Newcastle.
- Advertise your pet sitting services on sites like Petcloud or Madpaws, or browse their listings for pet sitters needed around the Newcastle area.
6. Do some odd jobs
- If you have a little extra time on your hands, turn it into some extra cash!
- Jump onto Airtasker to see available tasks around the Newcastle area.
- You can also make some fast cash doing anything from assembling some flat pack furniture or painting a room, through to ironing or cleaning.
7. Clean up and make some cash
- Selling all of your excess stuff is a great way to make extra cash, fast!
- Try this nifty ‘four box’ method to sorting through all of your stuff. You’ll be surprised just how much of your stuff you don’t need or use, and how much cash you can make selling it!
- To turn your items into extra cash fast, you could also host a Newcastle garage sale, list them in a Newcastle area Buy/Swap/Sell Facebook group, or on eBay or Gumtree.