24 November 2017
Have some free fun in Sydney CBD this Christmas! The festive season doesn’t have to be all about splashing cash and blowing your budget. A night out exploring the Christmas lights and decorations around your Sydney neighbourhood is festive and free family fun.
Plan your tour through the best Christmas lights displays in Sydney with our handy guide.
The ultimate lights of Christmas
- Head to St Mary’s Cathedral in College Street Sydney to take in the magnificent Lights of Christmas.
- From 7:30pm to midnight every evening from Wednesday 6th December through Christmas Day, you can enjoy this spectacular free light and sound show.
- There’s even a Christmas choir performance at 7:30pm.
Walk through a magical wonderland
- Don’t miss your chance to stroll along the magical Boulevarde of Light on Pitt Street Mall in Sydney city.
- Featuring nearly 80,000 LEDs, the canopy of suspended Christmas trees creates a Christmas light forest.
- It’s yours to enjoy free every night from 8.30pm through to 1am on Tuesday 2nd January 2018.
- You can also enjoy free Christmas Carols from 6pm to 8pm every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday through to Thursday 21st December.
The iconic Sydney CBD Christmas tree
- The Martin Place Christmas Tree has been delighting the people of Sydney for years!
- This free and family friendly Christmas centrepiece also features light projections on the surrounding ground.
- You can also sing along with choirs at the Martin Place tree every night from 6pm to 8pm right through until Christmas Eve.
Need more light in your life?
Check out some of these suburban hotspots where you can take in some great Christmas lights displays in Sydney.
- Annandale – 234 Johnston Street
- Ashbury – Second Street
- Birchgrove – 48 Cameron St
- Bondi – Avoca Street
- Bondi Junction – Denison Street
- Concord – 191 Burwood Rd
- Lilyfield – 176 Lilyfield Road
- North Bondi – 5 Waratah Street
- Maroubra – 696 Malabar Road
- Mascot – Coward Street, Alfred Street and David Street
- Matraville – Barwon Crescent, Larose Street, Gwydir Avenue, Knowles Street, Flanders Avenue and Franklin Street
- Randwick – Frederick Street
- Tempe – 7 South Street
Need more light in your life?
- Social media is full of top tips on where to catch the most tantalising Christmas lights displays in Sydney.
- Join the Sydney Christmas Lights Locations Facebook page for up to the minute updates on where all the lights and action are.
- Other pages to keep your eye on are:
Online maps and guides
- For even more local lights listings around Inner Sydney, check out XXX for the details on some of the best Christmas lights Sydney city has to offer.
- There’s also a handy online guide here which allows you to search for lights displays by your postcode or suburb.
City Finance can help you get festive!
- If the fun and festive lights has you in the mood for Christmas shopping but your budget needs a boost, City Finance can help!
- If you need a fast small cash loan to help see you through the festive season, just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Sydney CBD branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 9212 2267, or apply online today!