10 January 2018
Whether you’re looking for bargains on local produce, arts and crafts, or hoping to make some cash selling some of your own, your local markets in Penrith are the places to go.
Here’s some of the best local markets around Penrith
- Firstly, the Penrith Showground Markets are held every Wednesday from 8:30am to 1:30pm.
- Head to the Penrith Paceway and browse for bargains on everything from fresh fruit and vegies to plants, clothes and accessories, tools, art and crafts, pet and auto supplies and much more.
- There is something for everyone! Follow them on Facebook for all the latest updates.
Night time family fun
- The Aussie Night Markets are a great place to enjoy a family evening of shopping, food and fun.
- Held at Penrith Panthers every Wednesday evening, browse the markets for a bargain. And then grab a meal before settling down to enjoy the live music.
- With lots of stalls offering locally produced foods and crafts, these markets celebrate the diversity and culture of the Penrith area.
- Check their website and follow them on Facebook for all the latest.
Local creative crafts
- To sample the creations of local artisans, head to the Emu Craft Market.
- They’re held from 9am to 2pm on the second Saturday of each month, at the Nepean Creative & Performing Arts High School on the Great Western Highway in Emu Plains.
- The Emu Craft Market sell products that are generally not available in shops, and has a special emphasis on goods that have been made locally.
- What better way to spend a lazy Sunday than browsing your way around the Westies Market in Emu Plains.
- This popular market is held on the third Sunday of each month at the Nepean Creative & Performing Arts High School on the Great Western Highway in Emu Plains.
- Stalls here offer local produce and gourmet treats along with handmade fashion and homewares. Live music and performers create a fun and vibrant atmosphere that’s perfect for shopping and socialising with friends.
- Also check their website for upcoming market dates.
Buy and sell for kids’ stuff
- The Penrith My Kids Market is coming up and is a great way to save on goods for babies and kids.
- Head to Penrith Valley Regional Sports Stadium in Cambridge Park on Sunday 8th April 2018.
- You could also book yourself a stall and make some cash by selling your unwanted baby and kid’s items.
- Save cash and buy, sell and recycle quality pre-loved babies and kids’ items.
- Items for sale will include nursery furniture, prams, highchairs, bikes, clothes, toys and maternity needs.
- The My Kids Market is held indoors. Entry is $4 for adults, kids are free and there will be lots of kid’s entertainment.