30 January 2017
Cash-free fun to wear the kids out!
When you need to entertain the kids and are on a low income and tight budget – hit one of the many parks in Logan! It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper – than heading to one of these fab local parks have hours of fun!
Here’s 10 top kids parks in Logan
1. Kids paradise
First of all, Darlington Parklands is guarantee to thrill the kids.
- There’s an amazing free waterpark, a basketball court and a fabulous playground.
- Features include a climbing dome, flying fox, multi swing, musical wall, forts and a sand pit.
2. A park with a difference
Want the kids to have less screen time and more green time?
- Check out the fabulous and innovative Karawatha Nature Play Space.
- The kids can get back to nature with natural play spaces that challenge them to take risks and get dirty.
- There’s also a water play space with a rocky dam.
3. Get back to nature
Nature lovers will also enjoy the Berrinba Wetlands.
- With several shaded kids playgrounds for a range of ages, there are loads of paths for bike and scooter riding, and the big kids will love the flying fox.
- You can also enjoy 8km of walking tracks and boardwalks.
- Dogs are welcome too, just be sure to keep them on the leash.
4. More fun for the kids – and dog!
For a fun and action-packed picnic, Underwood Park ticks all the boxes.
- Featuring the fabulous Peter-Pan themed Funderwood Hollow, other facilities include basketball, BMX and skate areas.
- And bring your four-legged friend along to one of the best parks in Logan, as there’s a large off-leash area where he can run around.
5. Head to the river
Riverdale Park in Meadowbrook is great if you’ve got tweens or teens – as well as littlies.
- It is home to an awesome parkour circuit with a spider cage, gibbon swing, pyramid climber and precision balls.
- There’s also a boat themed kids playground with ride on equipment, and a basketball half-court.
6. Feed the ducks!
Kids will always love feeding the ducks at Doug Larsen Park in Beenleigh.
- With a lovely leafy outlook, the kid’s playground includes all the usual favourites – slides, swings, a merry-go-round and a climbing net.
- Plus there’s a basketball hoop and BMX and skate facilities.
7. Ahoy, me hearties!
Little pirates will love Tygum Park in Waterford West.
- This fun pirate ship playground features 3 different play areas including a ship, a climbing structure with slide and a spinning circular seat, and a large netted climbing dome and assorted swings. There’s also a skate park!
8. Slide into some fun
Roselea Park in Shailer Park features a castle, pirate ship and fort, fireman’s pole and some spiral slides the kids will love.
- There’s also a basketball court and plenty of scooter and skate paths.
9. Parks in Logan with something for everyone
Logan Gardens Park is a must-do play and picnic spot.
- The kids will love the fenced all abilities playground, featuring a climbing wall, forts, musical play equipment, sand play and slides.
- There’s also a bike track, bocce, and disc golf.
- And if you over-indulge at lunch, you can work it off in the outdoor gym!
10. Or get yourself a free workout while the kids play!
Many of Logan’s parks are kitted out with fun, stimulating and challenging fitness circuits – and they’re also free!