3 March 2017
Cash-free fun to wear the kids out!
When you need to entertain the kids and are on a low income and tight budget – hit one of the awesome parks in Nerang! It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper – than heading to one of these fab local parks for hours of fun!
Here’s 10 top kids parks in Nerang
1. Bring your bucket and spade
- Little diggers will love the playground at Jindalba Drive Park in Coomera.
- Here the massive sandpit will delight both big and little kids who love to get their hands dirty!
- There’s also loads of climbing and play equipment, and picnic shelters and a bbq.
2. Lounge lakeside
- Both kids and parents will enjoy the picturesque Tallowwood Park in Upper Coomera.
- This fun playground is set beside a beautiful lake. There’s lots of open space and sheltered picnic areas
- Older kids will enjoy the tennis and basketball courts.
3. Timber town
- Enjoy the rustic and natural timber playground at Nerang Park on Kelsey Circuit in Nerang.
- This shaded playground has lots of bridges, obstacles, sliding poles, tunnels and climbing fun.
- There’s also a great walking track and the kids can enjoy riding their bikes or scooters.
4. Perfect playground
- The fun never ends at Pacific Pines Central Park. This amazing playground has no less than 8 amazing play areas, along with bbq and picnic facilities.
- The fun includes a flying fox, climbing jungle, boat and bridges, slides and swings.
- And little ones can enjoy the enclosed toddler and pre-schooler’s space with slides, sand play and rocking seats.
5. Three playgrounds in one
- There’s a play space for all ages at Jubilee Park in Beaudesert.
- The kids can enjoy riding their bikes or scooters on the range of pathways here, and will love feeding the ducks.
- Little ones can have fun in the fort and on spinners, swings, and slides in the junior playground, and there’s also a second Lions playground across the road.
- There’s also a teen friendly zone with skate park, basketball half court and other chill-out spaces.
6. Brand new fun!
- The newly completed Jimboomba Park is a huge recreation zone with something for everyone.
- As well as a kid’s playground, there’s skate and bike paths, fitness equipment and walking tracks.
- The area is also home to the Jimboomba Pony club along with netball and football fields.
7. All abilities
- The Rotary Park in Mudgeeraba is one of the best parks in Nerang as it provides for kids with special needs or a disability.
- Next door to the Mudgeeraba Aquatic Centre, this cute and compact park is well shaded and features a climbing frame with tunnel and slide.
- And there’s a liberty swing designed especially for disabled access.
8. Waterfront fun
- Enjoy the great outdoors at Damian Leeding Memorial Park in Oxenford.
- The Regatta Waters Lake is a great spot to enjoy rowing, sailing, kayaking, and model boats.
- There’s almost 4km of paths to enjoy a scoot, cycle or walk around the lake, or just grab a coffee while the kids play in the playground.
9. Get your skates on!
- Both big and little kids are covered at Oxenford Park.
- Set alongside sports fields, there’s a fab fenced and shaded playground for the younger ones to enjoy, also featuring the usual delights of climbing frame and net, slide, see-saw and tunnel.
- And older kids can enjoy the Oxenford Skate Park and the adjacent basketball courts.
10. Take your four legged friend!
- Your dog will love joining you for a play at Swift Park in Nerang.
- Along with a great fenced kid’s playground, Swift Park has lot of open green space and paths for walking, scooting and exploring.
- And your furry friend can enjoy a play with the dog agility equipment – lots of leaping about and fun to be had by everyone!