7 February 2017
Cash-free fun at these kids parks in Sydney to wear the kids out!
When you need to entertain the kids and are on a low income and tight budget – hit these kids parks in Sydney! It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper – than heading to one of these fab kids parks in Sydney CBD.
Here’s 10 top kids parks in Sydney
1. A big backyard in the city
- Both the kids and the dog will love Chelsea Street Playground in Redfern.
- This charming communal play space has creative swings, slides and climbing frames, along with a chalkboard and cubby houses.
- There’s a great kitchen garden to explore, and a dog lawn for your four legged friend.
2. Get back to nature
- For a shady and picturesque riverside play, head to Steel Park in Marrickville.
- With eco-friendly water play fun, flying fox action and loads of fun bike tracks, this playground has it all.
- There’s also several slides, a climbing frame, swings and a seesaw.
3. Rock into some fun
- Adventurous climbers will love the Ashfield Park playground.
- A climbing rock wall houses a double slide, swings, a cubby house and loads of wooden and spring animals to ride on and climb.
- Kids of all ages will love the huge net swing. Plus there’s a rope climbing structure to challenge the older kids.
4. Go on an adventure!
- There’s something for everyone at Wulaba Park in Waterloo.
- This adventure playground features a giant slide, climbing tower, tunnels, nets and swings to keep the kids entertained for hours.
- It also has a landscaped picnic and barbecue area, bike racks, handball and table tennis courts.
5. Picture-perfect play by the sea
- After a swim at the beach the kids will love playing at Maroubra Beach playground.
- Little pirates will love the large ship play structures and the climbing frame, wobbly bridge and surfboard rocker.
- There’s lots of open green space and bike paths nearby, and bigger kids will love the nearby skate park.
6. Get away from it all
- For somewhere you and the kids can escape the bustle of the city, head to 40 hectares of green space at Sydney Park in St Peters.
- Here there’s a modern playground featuring a colourful hill area that has four different slides. Plus there’s load of climbing frames, a spider web, wobbly bridge and swings. There’s even a swing for wheelchair users.
- There’s also a dry creek bed and sandpits to explore, and bike tracks galore – including roundabouts and traffic lights!
7. Fully fenced for safety
- If you’ve got a little one prone to running away – Clementson Park in Bondi Junction is for you!
- Although compact, this colourful playground is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers as it’s fenced and has a safety gate.
- Play equipment features a colourful train, climbing fort with slides, swings, a see-saw and musical play.
8. Have a splash in the city
- Let the kids splash into Darling Quarter Park at Darling Harbour in Sydney CBD.
- There’s loads fun here to delight all ages.
- Water games, climbing ropes, jumbo and ring swings, slides, sandpit. Plus a flying fox and a supanova roundabout will keep the kids entertained for hours.
- And best of all, it’s free!
9. Harbourside playtime
- The kids will love playing harbourside at Pirrama Park playground in Pyrmont.
- While you’ll need to supervise the kids carefully so they don’t take an unplanned dip, they’ll love the water spouts, swings, rope climbing and shaded sandpit.
- There’s also plenty of grassy space to kick a ball around and great paths for bike riding.
10. Handy for parents and kids
- The playgrounds at Moore Park’s Entertainment Quarter provide fun for both kids and parents.
- Conveniently located amongst the buzz of restaurants, cinemas, bowling and other attractions, these shaded playgrounds have seating and the added bonus of 2 hours free parking.
- There’s separate play zones for kids under and over six, with soft fall flooring and forts, cubby houses and climbing frames.
If you are planning on spending a little more on the kids than visiting these kids parks in Sydney, we may eb able to help. Maybe you’re in need of a quick cash loan to help you out, visit the friendly staff at our City Finance Sydney CBD or call on (02) 9212 2267.