3 March 2017
Cash-free fun to wear the kids out!
When you need to entertain the kids and are on a low income and tight budget – hit the park! It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper – than heading to one of these fab local parks in Narre Warren for hours of fun!
Here’s 10 top kids parks in Narre Warren
1. Blast off!
- Kids will love the fun and adventure of Ray Bastin Reserve in Narre Warren.
- Better known as ‘Rocket Park’, this action-packed playground features a large rocket ship climbing structure and an astronaut’s control panel.
- Along with spinners, rockers, and a dune buggy to play on, there’s lots of bridges, ladders, climbing nets and twisting slides to explore.
- There’s also some great bike and BMX tracks to enjoy.
2. Hit of tennis, anyone?
- For a playground that also lets you enjoy a hit of tennis, head to Kendall Reserve in Narre Warren.
- Here you can enjoy a tennis wall and large grassy areas, along with a wide array of play equipment.
- There’s slides, climbing ropes and walls, spinners, swings, slides as well as monkey bars, flying fox, a play shop front and fireman’s pole.
3. Cute and toddler friendly
- Toddlers can enjoy some fun at Marco Ciavarella Reserve in Narre Warren.
- Although small, this playground is fully fenced and one of the most toddler friendly parks in Narre Warren.
- There’s swings including a baby swing seat, slide, climbing frame and noughts and crosses game.
- And the kids will have fun getting dizzy on the suspended spinner!
4. Handy spot near the shops
- If you need a spot where the kids can enjoy a play after you’ve gotten the shopping done, Spring Square Playground in Hallam could be just the spot.
- This clean and modern playground has a see-saw rocker, suspended horse saddles and stand on spinner, as well as a climbing fort with slide, monkey bars, flying fox and shop front.
- There’s also swings including a baby seat.
5. Lakeside parks in Narre Warren
- Enjoy the relaxing lakeside setting of Berwick Springs playground in Berwick.
- This fully fenced circular playground has natural bark flooring and lots of timber play structures.
- Equipment includes a climbing wall, several slides and ladders, balance beam, stepping stones, and a flying fox.
- There’s also swings, spring rides and a large see-saw.
6. Get back to nature
- Set amongst the serenity of Wilson Botanic Park is this fun kid’s playground.
- Beneath large shade sails and with natural bark flooring, the timber play structures have two slides, walkways and bridges, climbing tunnels and a flying fox.
- There’s also a play shop front, fireman’s pole, see-saw and swings.
7. One, two, three…blast-off!
- Budding astronauts will enjoy their adventures at Lawson Poole Reserve in Cranbourne.
- This space themed playground has lots to explore – a large rocket ship structure with slides, walkways, ladders, fireman’s pole and telescopes.
- There’s also a moon buggy, speak and listen system and themed control panel, as well as springers, a flying fox and tic-tac-toe game.
8. If you go down to the woods today….
- Tucked away in Cranbourne’s Royal Botanic Gardens is the beautiful Woodland Playground.
- Here the kids can enjoy a huge double pyramid rope climbing frame, and a small frame for younger kids with a slide, ramp and binoculars, as well as spinners, springers and swings.
- Also within the gardens, kids can enjoy jumping between the stepping stones and cooling off in the rockpool waterway.
9. Play among the gum trees
- Get back to nature in the beautiful setting of Arena Park playground in Officer.
- Here tall gum trees provide great shade for the timber equipment and play structures, which include a wave slide, monkey bars, climbing wall, tunnel, walkways, and spiral ladder.
- Other equipment includes a balance beam, tic-tac-toe, abacus, hanging disks, animal panels, mirror, clock, and clangers.
10. Recreation central!
- There’s something for everyone at Cockatoo Recreation Reserve.
- This peaceful parkland area includes a skate ramp for the big kids, basketball, netball and tennis courts, and athletics facilities.
- And of course there’s a kids playground where the kids can wear themselves out on all of the fun play equipment!