10 January 2018
Whether you’re looking for bargains on local produce, arts and crafts, or hoping to make some cash selling some of your own, your local markets are the place to go.
Here’s some of the best local markets around Bankstown
- Firstly, head to the Bankstown Market each Sunday for one of Sydney’s biggest bargain bazaars!
- Held from 9am to 3pm each Sunday at Bankstown Paceway, these markets offer farm fresh produce and local arts and crafts,
- Browse through the wide variety of stalls for some goodies and gifts.
Grab a boot full of bargains
- Head to the popular Boot Hill Markets in Campbelltown for a wide range of market stalls and goodies.
- There’s more than 140 stalls offering bargains on plants, fresh produce, toys, games, clothes and much more.
- Held every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday from 7am to 2pm, head to Swettenham Road in Minto.
Go second hand and save cash
- You know the saying – one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
- Browse the second hand finds at the Wednesday Picker’s Bazaar at Fairfield Showground on Smithfield Road in Prairiewood.
- Held each Wednesday from 8am to 1pm, there’s everything from clothing and accessories to homewares and books.
- You can also Follow them on Facebook for updates.
Farm fresh goodness
- For genuine farm fresh produce, head to the Camden Produce Market.
- These are held each Saturday from 7am to 12pm at Camden Town Farm, 40 Exeter Street, Camden.
- Offering locally grown seasonal fruit and vegies, all products sold at the Camden Produce Market are grown, produced, or made by the person selling them.
Something for everyone
- Fairfield City Markets are one of Sydney’s biggest markets.
- With over 600 stalls, you can browse everything from fresh produce to fashion and accessories, toys and entertainment.
- The Fairfield City Markets are held every Saturday at Fairfield Showground from 9am through to 4pm.
- If you like unique gifts and homewares, head to the Oran Park Town Art and Craft Markets.
- Markets are held on the third Saturday of every month, in Main Street and the car park, behind the Oran Park Podium Shopping Centre
- They’re full of unique artisan creations from local producers and are the perfect way to spend a few weekend hours browsing.