5 cheap and fun ways to enjoy time together
Beat the winter chill and spend some quality family time together, without busting your tight budget.
Here’s 5 cheap and fun ways you can get the family moving and have some fun together with these winter activities on the Gold Coast.
- Geo what? Geocaching brings treasure hunting to life, thanks to the wonder of technology.
- Using map coordinates and a GPS enabled device such as your smart phone, you search for ‘geocache’ items around the Gold Coast.
- These geocache items are hidden in lots of places around the Gold Coast, and all around the world!
- Some are easy to find, and some are hidden well off the beaten track. They can be as small as your fingernail or a large box with exciting ‘treasures’ inside.
- Start today by selecting one of the many geocaches hidden near Southport and around the Gold Coast.
- Hunting for geocache treasure can be pretty addictive. Best of all, it’s free fun that gets you and the family out and about together.
- Get messy together in the kitchen – and have fun eating the results!
- Baking with the family can be a load of (admittedly messy!) fun.
- You don’t have to be a Masterchef to bake some yummy treats. Become inspired with some family baking recipe ideas or these 10 simple baking recipes for kids.
- If you want to go for a professional finish and some fancy decorating, pop in to Cake Ornament Co in Ashmore to check out their great range of cake decorating supplies.
- Now that you’ve baked all those lovely sweet treats, settle in for a movie and enjoy eating them!
- You don’t need to splash a load of cash at the cinema to enjoy a family movie together.
- Head to your local Gold Coast library and borrow a few DVDs from their movie collection, for free.
- Then head home, close the curtains and blinds to create that dark cinema experience.
- Pop some popcorn, grab your homemade snacks and a blanket, and settle in to enjoy the show.
- When it comes to family fun – especially if you have a competitive edge – it’s hard to beat bowling.
- Beat the winter chill and head indoors for some ten pin bowling fun. There’s several spots to choose from around the Gold Coast, including AMF Robina, Go Bowling Ashmore and Surfers Paradise Tenpin.
- Even the toddlers in your family can join in on the action, its family fun for all ages.
- Keep an eye out for cheap deals online and Shop a Docket offers to make some big cash savings on winter activities on the Gold Coast.