DIY Halloween fun for kids
- Bunnings are hosting a few spooky events for some Halloween fun in Sydney that will delight all the family!
- It’s Halloween Fright Night at Bunnings Randwick on Thursday 26 October. Enjoy a spooktacular night with a Casper the Friendly Ghost jumping castle, face painting, light snacks and drinks. Book your spot now!
- To get into the spooky spirit before Halloween hits, Bunnings Ashfield are running free Halloween DIY workshops from 11am to 1pm on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 October.
- You can also join in the free and freaky DIY fun at Bunnings Alexandria from 10am to 2pm on Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 October.
- Or head to Bunnings Mascot at 11am on Saturday 28 October for some free Halloween crafts for the kids.
- Once Halloween arrives, head in to Bunnings Wollongong from 6pm to 8pm on Tuesday 31 October. Dress in your best spooky costume for your chance to win a prize and enjoy some free face painting fun, spooky games and a kids’ disco! Book your spot here.
Crafty Halloween Fun
Light up the night
- The City of Sydney’s free Light the City event on Saturday 28 October has a Halloween flair!
- On this dazzling and delightful night Mrs Macquarie’s Road will be closed to cars and open for people to walk or ride past lights and special effects.
- Discover the rainbow path, fairy light canopy, under-lit trees and more along the 2.5km loop.
- There will be a Halloween silent disco, a Halloween themed light projection and lots of fun activities.
- Entry is free, arrive via Art Gallery Road.
Trick or treat in the park
- Kids will love trick-or-treating their way through the spooky activity stations in Centennial Park’s Swamp Monsters Halloween event.
- On Saturday 28 October little monsters can follow a map around the creepy trail and complete challenges to collect a prize at the end.
- Wear your spookiest outfit and scare your friends!
- Suitable for kids aged 4 to 12 years old, there are different start times throughout the day between 9am and 4:30pm.
- Tickets are $20 each.
Mischief making for little monsters
- Little ones will love the mayhem of celebrating Halloween fun in Sydney at The Grounds of Alexandria.
- Dress up in your scary best and trick or treat your way through the interactive installations in the spooky garden.
- The freaky fun kicks off at 5pm sharp on Tuesday 31 October.
- There will be prizes for the best dressed and the adventures will be guided by your favourite scary characters.
- Kids can also do their best monster mash moves on the Halloween disco dance floor!
- The BBQ, wood fired ovens and Garden Bar will be open from 5pm to 8pm.
- Register here now for this free event.
Trick or treating know-how
- Be in the know on the best streets and areas around Inner Sydney to get amongst the ghosts and ghouls and enjoy the trick or treating spirit!
- Some of the spookiest streets for trick or treating fun around the Inner Sydney area each year include:
- Redfern – Baptist Street
- Marrickville – Charles Street
- Annandale – Railway Parade, Annandale Street, Trafalgar Street, Nelson Street
- Leichhardt – Hill Street & surrounds
- Croydon Park – Balmoral Street
- Ashbury – First and Third Street
- Bondi Junction – Mill Hill Road
- Maroubra – Edgar Street
Go get dressed in your Halloween best, and get out and about for some spooky fun in Inner Sydney this Halloween!