Our guide to the best of Wollongong’s Christmas lights
It’s one of the best ways to enjoy getting into the Christmas spirit – and it’s free! Take a tour of all the fabulously decorated homes and Christmas lights around the Gong.
Grab the kids and your walking shoes or car keys, and hit your neighbourhood with our guide the best of the Christmas lights near you.
Light up your life!
Thanks to this year’s Illawarra Mercury’s Christmas Lights competition, it’s easier than ever to know where to go to take in the most spectacular displays.
The winners are set to be announced soon, but in the meantime you can get a fabulous dose of festive cheer as you check out our local entrants.
Check out where to go in the suburbs nearest you!
- Albion Park – 160 Terry Street, 11 Hillside Drive, 42 Scarborough Circuit
- Balgownie – 3 Duncan Street
- Barrack Heights – 9 Brisbane Place
- Bulli – Owen Street
- Brownsville – 7 Hore Street
- Coniston – 108 Gladstone Avenue
- Corrimal – 46 Midgley Street, Thomas Street, 66 Underwood Street, 15 Mountbatten Street
- Dapto – 20 St James Crescent, 43 Timberi Avenue, 145 Burke Road, 3 Truman Avenue
- Figtree – 9 Evelyn Avenue
- Flinders – Adam Murray Way
- Kanahooka – 12 The Arches, Rushton Drive
- Kiama Downs – 9 Jacques Road
- Lake Illawarra – 35 Queen Street
- Mangerton – 4 Reservoir Street, 10 Philips Crescent
- Mount Kiera – 6 Welmont Place, 4 Parkman Place
- Mount Warrigal – 5 Dickson Avenue, 11 Cox Parade
- Shell Cove – 8 Bruny Place
- Unanderra – 23 Poplar Avenue
- Warrawong – 90 Minnegang Street
- Wollongong – 16/16 Kiera Street
- Woonoona – Forestview Way, 17 Woodland Avenue
- Tarrawanna – 24 Williamson Street
Get inspired to take your tour – click here for a fabulous photo gallery of some of these fabulous and festive displays!
Grab some great guides online
- For even more local lights listings, click here for a handy map of some of the best Christmas lights the Illawarra area has to offer.
- And join this handy Facebook page for chat about the best local lights, as well as some handy listings and maps. It’s all free!