Summer is coming! It’s the perfect time to get out and about around Bankstown this summer for some free fun in the sunshine. Here’s our top tips for the best budget friendly ways to beat the heat around Bankstown this summer.
Splash on in
- If you have a pool at home – lucky you! You have the perfect spot to laze away those hot sunny days without splashing your cash away.
- Add a bit of fun and magic to your dip with a few cheap pool toys.
- Head to Kmart at Bankstown or Bass Hill to check out their range – who doesn’t want a unicorn or flamingo to float around in?
- If you haven’t got a pool – Kmart can fix that for you!
- You can get yourself a pool for less than $50, and have it set up and ready to dive in on in around 10 minutes.
Make it rain!
- If a pool isn’t your thing, why not take a walk down memory lane to the good old days of the backyard sprinkler?
- Grab yourself a sprinkler from Bunnings in Greenacre or Bankstown Airport for less than $7.
- Hook it up to the backyard hose and the whole family can have a blast running through the sprinkler shower.
- Your lawn will thank you too!
Pop into the pool
Cool down and unwind indoors
- On those days that it’s just too hot and you need a reprieve from the sun, head to the cool confines of your local City of Canterbury-Bankstown Library.
- Kick back in air conditioned comfort while you read a book or enjoy some of the huge range of facilities on offer.
- In the Bankstown area there’s 9 branches to choose from, including Campsie, Earlwood, Lakemba, Riverwood, Hurlstone Park and Padstow.
Hit the park
- When the great outdoors comes calling again, why not pack a picnic and hit the park.
- Head to your favourite Bankstown park for a day of fun in the sun.
- Fill up the Esky to keep your day out on budget by coming prepared with cheap snacks.
- Pack some cold drinks, fruit and snacks that you’ve pre-purchased at the supermarket.
- This will prevent having to buy expensive food and drinks and save you a stack of precious cash.
And of course – stay sun safe
- Don’t ruin your fun in the sun with a nasty case of sunburn.
- Stock up on sunscreen and remember to Slip, Slop, Slap!
Follow these top tips to celebrate the sunshine in Bankstown, without overheating your budget this summer.
Need some extra summertime cash, fast?
- If you need to cool off your overheated budget this summer with a fast small cash loan, City Finance understand and are here to help.
- Just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Bankstown branch, or give us a call today on 9708 4211.
- You can also apply online today!