The long Easter weekend is almost here, and chances are you’re in need of a budget break. What better way to get away from it all than trying one of these camping spots near Morayfield? Unplug, unwind and relax while getting back to nature.
Here’s 5 great Easter weekend camping spots near Morayfield
Bliss out by the sea
Soak up the authentic seaside village vibes of Donnybrook Caravan Park.
- This quiet seaside spot provides the perfect peaceful get-away. Enjoy spectacular views of Bribie Island as you go fish, relax or enjoy a fun-filled day on the water.
- Operated by Moreton Bay Regional Council, the park has six tent sites and facilities including a BBQ area, large amenities block, and coin operated laundry
- Check their website for rates and booking details.
Get deserted on an island
Chances are you’ve dreamt of running away to live on an island!
- Camping at Bribie Island can make that dream come true, for a while at least!
- With five different camping grounds to choose from, Bribie Island has something for everyone.
- If you’ve got access to a 4WD, check out Gallagher Point, Poverty Creek or Ocean Beach camping areas. If you’re lucky enough to have access to a boat, enjoy the rustic serenity of the Mission Point or Lime Pocket
- Check the website for the facilities and booking details for each of Bribie Island’s campsites.
Grassy green getaway
Relax alongside the gorgeous Coomera River at the James Sharp Memorial Park in Canungra.
- Loll about with the family on the lovely grass and in shaded spots by the creek.
- Enjoy canoeing, swimming and fishing, and spend the evenings gathered around the open fire.
- There are toilets here, but it’s recommended you bring or boil your own water.
- Pets are allowed too, so to start soaking up the vibe of this serene spot, check out their YouTube video.
Lamingtons in the mountains
Get back to nature in the stunning Lamington National Park, just a 2 hour drive from Morayfield.
Get away from it all
Teerk Roo Ra National Park will make you feel a million miles away, without having to go very far.
- This magical spot is secluded away on Peel Island in Moreton Bay, so getting there will require borrowing a boat. But the effort will be worth it!
- Beautiful Horseshoe Bay on the island’s southern side has a sheltered campsite. From here you can enjoy the surrounding wildlife including turtles, dolphins and dugongs, and explore the old quarantine station and sculpted sandstone rocks.
- Read here for more details and to apply for a camping permit.
Need some fast cash for your Easter holiday plans?
- While camping is the ultimate budget holiday, perhaps you need some fast extra cash for some new camping gear.
- Whatever you need quick and easy cash for, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Morayfield branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 1300 10 30 20, or apply online today!