Fun family fitness ideas the whole family can enjoy
The family that plays together, stays together! Here’s some fun family fitness ideas that won’t cost you a cent, and you’ll all enjoy the feel-good vibe.
Here’s some great (FREE) fun family fitness ideas to get the whole family moving
Hit the park
Have a ball running around the local park – take a ball, frisbee, cricket set or whatever you fancy!
- For that added fitness burst, there’s parks with fabulous free outdoor gyms in suburbs including Camperdown, Ultimo, St Peters, Surry Hills, Bondi, Clovelly, Queens Park and Rushcutters Bay.
- There’s also a great fun family fitness circuit at Sydney Park in St Peters.
- Let your furry four legged family member join in the fun! Have them join the family at Centennial Parklands – one of the most dog-friendly public parks in Sydney CBD.
- There’s also some great off-leash dog parks in the Waverley Council area, as well as in the Woollahra and Leichardt
Family Fun Run
Got some little joggers in the family? Make it a family affair!
- Take a regular fun run together, without the usual expensive entry fees.
- Jump on the Park Run Every Saturday you can head to your nearest site to join a free 5km run.
- There’s a Park Run each week at St Peters.
On your bike!
Grab a bike and a helmet for each member of the family, and head for a Sunday cycle.
Get back to nature
Take a bushwalk with the family. It’s free and fun, and a great way to enjoy a chat together while you exercise.
- You don’t have to venture any further than your own backyard to enjoy a workout with the family.
- Create an outdoor obstacle course, play a game of ‘tip’ or have a family tug-of-war.
- You could also set up your own putt-putt golf course or have a water pistol fight!
- Whatever you and the kids enjoy – you needn’t look any further than your own backyard!
For those days when it’s pouring with rain or you’re stuck at home – you and the kids can still enjoy some exercise together indoors.
- Jump online to sites like YouTube and Vimeo and search for fun family fitness or kids workouts – there’s millions to choose from, for free!
- Or why not borrow a fitness DVD from your local Sydney library? You can burn 500 kilojoules doing a 20-minute resistance-training circuit in your lounge room.
- You could also play a Wii or Play Station sports game that gets you moving – the kids will love it!
So no matter where you are around Sydney CBD, Newtown, Bondi Junction and Marrickville, there’s loads of fun family fitness ideas to get your family moving along the road to fitness, without busting your budget. Get started today!
And if you are in need of a quick cash loan to fund your next fun family fitness adventure, call City Finance Sydney CBD on (02) 9212 2267 or apply online now.