Ways you can volunteer your time and talents
Got a little spare time on your hands? Whether you’re unemployed, a student, or retired, chances are you know what it feels like to be down on your luck. But we all have something to we can offer the more needy members of our local Morayfield community – our time.
Volunteering is more than your opportunity to help make the world a better place. It can help you to feel happy and fulfilled knowing you’re making a real difference. You’ll meet amazing people, build work experience and learn valuable new skills.
Here’s some great ways you can help others in the Moreton Bay area
Keen to volunteer but not sure where to start?
- Look no further than this fab guide to Volunteering Opportunities in the Moreton Bay Region.
- Whatever you’re interested in – from museums and art galleries, libraries and cultural centres, bush care programs and the environment, there’s bound to be a volunteer role that’s just right for you.
- Volunteer roles are available all across the Moreton Bay region, including Bribie Island, Cabooluture, Deception Bay, Woodford and Burpengary.
Love thy neighbour
- Take the time to get to know your neighbours and exchange a smile and hello each day. And if you haven’t seen a neighbour in a while, drop by to check that they’re ok.
- If you have an elderly, disabled or unwell neighbour, perhaps you could pop their bins out and check their mail for them.
- Build a happy, connected neighbourhood – celebrate Neighbour Day this Sunday 26th March! Organise an event in your street – grab your free kit here!
Fun and fitness for kids in the local Morayfield community
The PCYC in Moreton Bay aim to give kids the opportunities they need to become great adults,
- Volunteers like you can help deliver sport, recreation and leadership development programs. They’re also always after assistance with admin, customer service and property maintenance.
- You can get some valuable workplace skills and help support Moreton Bay’s youth to reach their full potential!
- To get involved, contact the PCYC in Redcliffe and Pine Rivers.
Help the homeless
- Get involved with local organisations who provide meals and support services to those around the Moreton Bay area who are homeless or at risk.
- Groups you can donate your time to include the Vans and Kitchens program run by Moreton Bay Regional Community Response in Burpengary, and the Caboolture Community Action
- These services are always looking for more generous volunteers to help them to help those most in need in our community.
Got a passion for sport? Become involved with your local Moreton Bay sports club.
- Sports of all codes are always looking for volunteers to help out with committees, grounds maintenance, coaching and managing teams.
- Whatever sport you have a passion for, from netball or Little Athletics, soccer to mountain biking, contact your local club for info on how you can volunteer.
Meals on Wheels
- Whether it’s cooking in the community kitchen, driving or delivering meals to those in need, join the 15,000 Queensland volunteers who support the valuable Meals on Wheel service.
- This service is not only about delivering delicious, nutritious meals to those in need – it’s as much about being a smiling, friendly face and providing valuable social interaction.
- To help out, contact their centres in Caboolture, Redcliffe, Bribie Island and Pine Rivers.
And many more!
- Sites like Go Volunteer list loads of local volunteer positions in the Moreton Bay area.
Get involved and start making a positive difference in your local Morayfield community today!