Where to kick back and enjoy some tunes
Whether you’re young or old, into heavy metal, jazz or house beats – everyone loves music. And there’s nothing better than enjoying your tunes live and soaking up that feel-good vibe. Being on a tight budget or a low income can put expensive concert tickets out of reach. Fortunately, there’s plenty of other ways to enjoy live music around Nerang, Upper Coomera and Beaudesert.
Here’s where you can enjoy live music around Nerang
Get your live music fix for nix
The pub scene
- Head to the Commercial Hotel in Nerang every Thursday night from 7pm for the jam with their resident band, Covershot.
- In Upper Coomera, head to the Coomera Tavern every Tuesday for soul, funk and R&B sessions from 8pm to 11pm.
- The Jimboomba Tavern have plenty of live music to suit a wide range of music styles and tastes, so there’s something there for everyone.
- The Beaudesert Hotel hosts Soothing Sounds Sundays each week from 3pm to 5pm. Round out your weekend with the relaxed vibes of some free tunes.
- If it’s jazz that makes your heart sing, then head for the bright lights of the Gold Coast City Jazz Club.
- They host a range of acclaimed performers at Southport Bowls Club and you can save on ticket prices by becoming a club member.
- The Arts Centre Gold Coast also hosts free live jazz on Sundays, so you can kick back and get your groove on without spending a cent!
- Bring a few laughs to your live music experience by creating it yourself!
- Karaoke is always a fun night out with mates. Whether you’re brave enough to take to the stage or prefer the role of adoring (or horrified!) fan, the live music laughs are guaranteed.
- Head to Coomera Tavern on Friday nights from 6:30pm to grab the mic and become a rock star!
The big gigs
- Sure, you might need to stretch your budget a little (or perhaps a lot!). But sometimes a big name comes along and you’ve just gotta find a way to be there.
- Around the Nerang area, you might catch some big names performing at the Gold Coast Exhibition and Convention Centre, or Brisbane’s The Tivoli or the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.
- Try your luck on some discounted last minute tickets. Head to Lasttix to check out what cheap tickets are on offer around Nerang.
- But be warned about buying dodgy tickets online. If the ticket you purchase from an unauthorised seller isn’t genuine, you’re likely to be refused admission to the gig. You’re essentially throwing your cold hard cash down the drain!
There are plenty of free and cheap options to get into the groove. Hit the town and enjoy some live music around Nerang today!