Socialising on a budget on the Gold Coast
You don’t have to miss out on fun with friends when you’re not flash with cash.
Here’s some low budget ideas for kicking back with your mates this weekend.
Cheap eats on the Gold Coast
You don’t have to skip dining out when you can’t splash the cash.
Boozing on a budget
You can still enjoy a few drinks without having to splash too much cash.
- Head to your favourite Gold Coast local to get your night started early. The drinks are often cheaper earlier in the night, when you can hopefully grab a happy hour special and a few cheap cocktails.
- Head to Southport Sharks or Club Helensvale and you can save the cab fare home by catching the courtesy bus instead.
Get fit with your friends
Catching up with friends doesn’t have to be all about eating and drinking – why not combine socialising with a workout?
A night of Trivia at your local pub has something for everyone.
- Whether you’re a general knowledge whizz or can’t stand quizzes – it’s all about the fun and banter of hanging out with your mates and enjoying a few laughs.
- You don’t have to be an expert on current affairs or international politics. Pub trivia is more about pop culture – the music, sports, celebrities and TV shows that you love.
- So grab a gang of friends and head to the Mermaid Beach Tavern at 7:30pm on Thursdays.
- It’s a fabulous, fun and free way to get together for a few laughs and pick up a few fun facts along the way. Who knows – you could even win a cash prize!
Head to the flicks for next to nix
Going to the cinema can cost a small fortune – but it doesn’t have to.
- We’re not talking about limiting your options to Cheap Tuesday.
- Cheap movie tickets to Event Cinemas at Australia Fair or Robina are just a click away if you’re a Telstra customer or an RACQ
- Register now for movie savings with Telstra Thanks.
- Then grab your cheap tickets, grab some mates and check out the latest movies.
- But ditch the expensive candy bar snacks – swing by the supermarket on your way in to grab a few treats for just a few dollars.
So, how are you catching up with your mates this week on the Gold Coast? Share your free and cheap ideas!