Socialising on a budget in Wollongong
You don’t have to miss out on fun with friends when you’re not flash with cash.
Here’s some low budget ideas for kicking back with your mates this weekend.
Cheap eats in Wollongong
You don’t have to skip dining out when you can’t splash the cash.
Boozing on a budget
You can still enjoy a few drinks without having to splash too much cash.
- Head to your favourite Wollongong local to get your night started early. The drinks are often cheaper earlier in the night, when you can hopefully grab a happy hour special and a few cheap cocktails.
- Head to Corrimal RSL or Kiama Leagues Club and you can save the cab fare home by catching the courtesy bus instead.
Get fit with your friends
Catching up with friends doesn’t have to be all about eating and drinking – why not combine socialising with a workout?
- There’s loads a fun and free ways you and your mates can get fit together in Wollongong.
- Take a hike together on one of the great walking trails in the area, or enjoy some of the National Parks trails.
- Get on your bikes and explore Wollongong by cycling.
- Or if you’re brave enough, tackle a free fun run together! Head to Sandon Point for the local Park Run at 7am every Saturday morning.
- It’s the perfect way to kick start your weekend, and you and your mates can enjoy a coffee together afterwards.
A night of Trivia at your local pub has something for everyone.
- Whether you’re a general knowledge whizz or can’t stand quizzes – it’s all about the fun and banter of hanging out with your mates and enjoying a few laughs.
- You don’t have to be an expert on current affairs or international politics. Pub trivia is more about pop culture – the music, sports, celebrities and TV shows that you love.
- So grab a gang of friends and head to the North Gong Hotel for 7pm on Thursday nights for Crammy’s Trivia.
- It’s a fabulous, fun and free way to get together for a few laughs and pick up a few fun facts along the way. Who knows – you could even win a cash prize!
Head to the flicks for next to nix
Going to the cinema can cost a small fortune – but it doesn’t have to.
- We’re not talking about limiting your options to Cheap Tuesday.
- Cheap movie tickets to Hoyts Warrawong, Greater Union Shellharbour and Wollongong are just a click away if you’re an Optus or a Telstra customer, or an NRMA
- Register now for movie savings with Optus Perks or Telstra Thanks.
- Then grab your cheap tickets, grab some mates and check out the latest movies.
- But ditch the expensive candy bar snacks – swing by the supermarket on your way in to grab a few treats for just a few dollars.
So, how are you catching up with your mates this week in Wollongong and the Illawarra? Share your free and cheap ideas!