It’s that time of year again – already! Summer school holidays in Logan mean you need a quick list of fast, easy and budget-friendly ways to entertain the kids.
Fun, free and cheap kids activities around Logan that will fit your budget
Krank up the action – but not the cost!
- KRANK is an awesome low-cost school holiday activity program for kids aged from 5 to 17 years.
- Run by Logan City Council, it offers a huge variety of fun activities. Some are even free!
- The January 2018 KRANK program runs from 8th to 21st Venues include Logan, Browns Plains, Kingston, Carbrook, Underwood, Beenleigh and Jimboomba.
- From skateboarding to martial arts, sculpture to cooking, there’s something to delight everyone.
- Read the full program of activities here.
- Most activities are free, and spots fill fast – so fill in a registration form today.
Free summertime reading – plus prizes!
- Little bookworms can escape the heat and enter all sorts of wonderful worlds thanks to the magic of books.
- Take the kids to your local Logan City Council Library from Friday 8th December to join the Summer Reading Club.
- The kids will receive a free badge, sticker sheet and bookmark. Then they just need to read over the school holidays – there’s some great Lego prizes up for grabs!
- The kids can then celebrate their summer of reading with an evening of fun and games. Library after dark events will be held at the Logan Hyperdome, Logan West and Marsden branches.
- Other Summer Reading Club free fun includes a pinball making craft session. These will be held at Beenleigh, Greenbank, Logan Hyperdome, Jimboomba, Logan Central, Logan North and Logan Village branches.
- Check with your branch or online for date and time details.
- Register the kids for the Summer Reading Club at their local Logan library.
More free fun from Logan libraries
Spring into some active outdoor fun
- Get the kids off their devices and into some active outdoor fun, thanks to Movement Monkeys.
- This week long program for 4 – 13 year olds offers top sports coaching, learning, skills development and fun.
- Summer school holiday dates are 8th -12th January at Runcorn State High School and 15th -19th January at Calamvale Community College.
- Book by 11 December for an early bird discount!
- At a low cost of just over $25 a day, kids participate in a variety of sports and exciting activities from 9am – 3pm daily.
- Check out the full program and range of locations, and register before spots fill up.
Active outdoor fun for free!
Need some extra school holiday cash?
- If you need a fast small cash loan to help see you through the school holidays in Logan, City Finance understand and are here to help.
- Just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Logan Central branch for a chat, or phone us on 1300 201 300.
- You can also apply online today!