9 amazing tips and tricks for seeing the world when you have no cash
Got a travel dream – but no cash to pay for it? Travelling can be expensive – but it doesn’t have to be!
There are some pretty incredible ways to get around the globe without needing a stack of cash.
Here’s 9 tips and tricks that will see you travel the world on next to nothing
- Stalk the web for the best airfare deals
- Chances are you know about all the online airfare sites – think Webjet, Cheapoair, Skyscanner, Cheapflights.
- Sign up to their newsletters so the best deals and flash sales shoot straight to your inbox. You can jump on them before those extra-cheap limited seats sell out!
- Have friends in useful places
- Mate’s rates are the BEST! If you haven’t got a buddy working at an airline – try to make one!
- They can get some awesome ‘Family and Friends’ discounts that can save you a fortune.
- Book the dodgy flights
- You know – the ones you have to get up at 3am to be at the airport for. Or the one with the 6 hour stop-over.
- If saving cash is more important than saving time, book the super-early or long flights that no-one else wants.
- Ditch the return leg
- Here’s a nifty trick. If you’re flying to a few different destinations in one trip, it’s sometimes cheaper to buy a round trip. Just ditch the return leg.
- Look for airline specials on round trips that are cheaper than a one-way fare. Then just plan to use the outbound flight only.
- Volunteer your skills in exchange for visiting and experiencing some amazing places around the world.
- Explore sites like Projects Abroad, Go Overseas, Cultural Care to learn more about how you can live overseas, for free!
- Free accommodation!
- Consider house sitting your way around the world and enjoy the comforts of home while you’re travelling.
- There are plenty of reputable house sitting websites you can register with. Check out Trusted House Sitters, Mind My House or House Carers.
- Swap houses with others who want to travel too
- Sail the seas
- Check out Work On Boats to explore the world of opportunity that lies out on the seas.
- Hit the road for less
- Need a car for a road trip? Skip the expensive hire car options.
- Check out sites like TransferCar, a relocation service for the car hire companies who need vehicles moved to certain locations.
- They offer super cheap car rental in exchange for you driving the car where they need it to go.
So, there you have it – your travel dreams can cost a lot less than you think – get packing! If you need to borrow extra funds for your trip, talk to City Finance today or apply online now!