Grab a blanket and the esky for budget busting outdoor dining
Who says eating out has to be expensive? Forget splashing a load of cash at a fancy restaurant. There’s no better way to enjoy a bite to eat than sitting out in the sunshine with family, friends or your special someone. For a cheap and easy meal out, nothing beats these picnic spots in Gosnells.
Here’s 5 top picnic spots in Gosnells
Get back to nature
Enjoy a slice of nature while you relax over a picnic at Centennial Pioneer Park in Gosnells.
- There’s loads to explore here, including the spectacular treetop boardwalk set high amongst the trees.
- This hidden gem has lots of picnic tables and BBQs and is a great natural bushland setting.
- There’s also a riverside boardwalk, and fun and colourful play equipment for the kids.
Relaxing and recreation
If you like to enjoy a bit of action with your picnic, head to Mills Park in Beckenham.
- With loads of open green space, this brand new community hub set on 24 hectares is a great spot for an action-packed picnic.
- There’s picnic tables and BBQ facilities set amongst sporting facilities, walking trails, a community centre, a skate park and a fabulous nature play space for the kids.
- After your picnic, take a stroll along the boardwalks through the wetlands.
Take a walk through the wild flowers
Enjoy a flower-filled picnic adventure at Ellis Brook Valley in Martin.
- This one’s for the nature lovers. There’s over 500 stunning species of wildflowers in this beautiful valley.
- Picnic facilities include tables, gas BBQs, car parking and toilets.
- There’s several walking trails with varying degrees of difficulty. Work up an appetite and enjoy a walk before your picnic, to take in the stunning views from this magical spot.
- This handy map to the Ellis Brook Valley walking trails can help you plan a great day out enjoying nature’s wilderness.
Work up an appetite
If getting out and active is your thing, head to Harmony Fields Reserve in Maddington.
- Before you settle in to enjoy a lazy picnic, work up an appetite with a workout on the free outdoor fitness track. There’s an outdoor gym, fitness circuit and walking and jogging path.
- The reserve features loads of open grassy spaces and a shaded kid’s playground.
- Picnic facilities include picnic tables, BBQs, toilets and car parking.
- This is one of the best picnic spots in Gosnells for a fun and active family.
Enjoy a relaxing picnic amongst the tranquility of Araluen Botanic Park.
- These beautiful flower gardens are nestled in the bushland in the hills beyond Armadale.
- They feature a stunning range of exotic and native plants in rainbows of colours, especially during spring.
- Picnic facilities include tables and free BBQs, and there’s several lawn areas to choose from when settling in to enjoy your picnic.
- Car parking and toilets on site, and a small entry fee applies.
- Use this handy map to help plan your visit.
So shake off the last of the winter weather! When the sun’s shining, pack some snacks to enjoy a fun, free day out with friends and family at these picnic spots in Gosnells.