Grab a blanket and the esky for budget busting outdoor dining
Who says eating out has to be expensive? Forget splashing a load of cash at a fancy restaurant. There’s no better way to enjoy a bite to eat than sitting out in the sunshine with family, friends or your special someone. For a cheap and easy meal out, nothing beats these picnic spots in Midland.
Here’s 5 top picnic spots in Midland
A quiet spot to get away from it all
Enjoy the serenity of Kings Meadow Reserve.
- This serene riverside spot offers picnic tables, bbqs, lots of shade as well as open grassy areas where you can throw down a picnic rug.
- Positioned on the water, Kings Meadow has some lovely jetties for fishing, and also makes a great canoeing spot.
- There’s a playground for the kids, and dogs are allowed as long as they’re on the lead.
Get back to nature
Enjoy the wilderness with a day trip to Walyunga National Park.
- Just 20km north of Midland, this spectacular National Park features the rapids and pools of the Swan River, so you can enjoy a swim, canoe or kayak.
- For the best picnic spots, head to Walyunga Pool or Boongarup Pool, where there’s plenty of picnic tables, as well as bbqs and toilet facilities.
- Bushwalkers can enjoy a range of trails that cover all ages and abilities, including the 1.6km loop Walyunga Heritage Trail.
- Use this handy park guide and review to help plan your day.
Something for everyone
A little closer to home, Woodridge Riverside Park is a great spot that offers something for everyone.
- Featuring some great picnic areas with tables and shade, there’s also drinking fountains and toilet facilities.
- There’s a fabulous playground will be a huge hit with the kids.
- Featuring an eco adventure play zone with sand, nature and water play, there’s a ship and raft, spinners, a rocket, flying fox and much more. You won’t see the kids for hours!
- And if you fancy taking a wander after lunch, hit the John George Walk Trail, which links Woodbridge Riverside Park with Reg Bond Reserve in Viveash.
The ultimate family day out
The kids will love a day of picnicking and adventure at Whiteman Park.
One for the cricket enthusiasts
While it might be best known for its premium cricket facilities, Lilac Hill Park is on of the idyllic riverside picnic spots in Midland.
- With picnic tables and bbqs available, this picnic spot on the banks of the Swan River is a beautiful spot to relax.
- There’s also a children’s playground and toilet facilities.
- You could also make the most of the riverside location and drop in a line and enjoy a spot of fishing.
So shake off the last of the winter weather! When the sun’s shining, pack a picnic to enjoy a fun, free day out with friends and family.