6 February 2017
A cheap dinner in Sydney CBD does exist!
A cheap dinner in Sydney CBD is great for catching up with friends and family, dining out for a special occasion. Or if you’ve just been caught out with nothing to eat in the fridge.
But when you’re not flash with cash, it can be hard to find a cheap dinner in Sydney that is both tasty and won’t break the budget. Forget the over-priced tourist traps – here’s our guide to a best cheap dinner in Sydney CBD.
Mexican mania that’s for a good cause
With friendly service and tasty food at great prices, it’s hard to beat The Two Wolves on Broadway in Chippendale.
- Serving scrumptious street-style Mexican food, this community cantina is volunteer driven and offers great value for money.
- Their social conscience concept means you can feel good – as well as full! – while getting great food at cheap prices.
- Keep an eye on their Facebook page for the latest deals and specials.
Pass the pasta
Who doesn’t love pasta? Friggitoria in Kings Cross are an authentic Italian eatery with something to please everyone.
- With both dine in and take away options, their menu has loads of Italian street food and pasta bar favourites with large servings at cheap prices.
- Speaking of Italian – for gelato to die for, don’t miss Messina for dessert! They’ve got several locations around Sydney CBD including Circular Quay, Darlinghurst, Newtown, Glebe and Bondi.
Spice things up
- Scoring #1 spot on Trip Advisor’s list of Newtown Restaurants and Cheap Eats is Thai Potong. Authentic, tasty thai with fabulous friendly service – don’t miss it!
- If Indian food is your thing, check out Taste of Village in Burwood for awesome food and service at cheap prices. Rave reviews have earned them #1 on the list of restaurants in the area.
- For authentic and great value dinner boxes a lunch deals, check out Shinsen in Ashfield. Cheap, fast and tasty food, with free parking nearby!
Café brekkie or lunch
- If you’re around The Rocks, pop by The Playfair Cafe for what may rank as the best brekkie in Sydney CBD.
- They serve up tasty café favourites with fabulous friendly service and cheap prices.
Best burgers in Sydney?
- If you like to enjoy a good old burger and chips, head to The Feedbag in Maroubra. People rave about their awesome burgers and delicious chips, and they even offer some great vegetarian options.
Dine al fresco without breaking the bank!
For something different while the weather’s warm, make the most of the evenings by eating out under the stars. This is a guaranteed good value night out that the whole family will enjoy!
- Pack yourself the perfect picnic, and head to one of Sydney’s glorious picnic spots.
- The kids will be able to run around and enjoy themselves, and best of all there’s no washing up!
We’re sure that’s all gotten your tummy rumbling, so what are you waiting for? Treat yourself to a meal out with your mates with a cheap dinner option in Sydney CBD.
For any unexpected expenses that leave you short, you can apply for a quick cash loan online or visit our friendly staff at City Finance Sydney CBD branch or call (02) 9212 2267.