10 January 2018
Whether you’re looking for bargains on local produce, arts and crafts, or hoping to make some cash selling some of your own, your local markets in Wollongong are the places to go.
Here’s some of the best local markets around Wollongong
Tasty food market fun on Flagstaff Hill
- For a fun and relaxed evening of market fun, head to the Wollongong Twilight Markets on Flagstaff Hill on Endeavour Drive in Wollongong.
- Held on the first Friday evening of each month from October through to March, these fun evening markets offer tasty local food from 5pm to 8pm.
- Soak up the fresh sea air! Bring a rug or chair and join your friends for an entertaining and relaxing evening overlooking the stunning Wollongong Harbour.
- Stay up to date on everything that’s happening with Wollongong Twilight Markets by following them on Facebook.
Fun and foraging!
- The Forager’s Market has a few fun market locations and days to choose from in the Illawarra.
- Bulli’s Foragers Foodies & Artisan Market is an all-weather indoor and outdoor farmer’s market held every Sunday at the Bulli Showground from 9am until 2pm.
- On the second Sunday of each month, this Bulli market expands to feature artisans, designers, homewares, fashion and art. And on the fourth Sunday of each month, Bulli becomes a vintage market.
- On Crown Street Mall in Wollongong, the Friday Forage Market is held each Friday from 9am until 2pm.
Sundays by the sea
- Enjoy the picturesque harbourside and browse through the wonderful stalls of the Shellharbour Village Market Place on the last Sunday of each month.
- Held at Shellharbour’s Pioneer Park, there’s a wide variety of goodies to explore.
- Browse the locally handmade arts and crafts, fashion and accessories, toys, fresh produce and gourmet food.
- Musicians provide some great entertainment and a fun, relaxed vibe.
- Follow the Shellharbour Village Market Place on Facebook.
Creative crafts at Coledale
- You’ll enjoy the relaxed vibe as you stroll through the Coledale Markets.
- These are held at Coledale Public School from 9am to 3pm on the fourth Sunday of each month.
- Browse through the huge variety of stalls, which include offerings such as pre-loved clothes, books, earrings, crockery, paintings, beautiful handmade knits and soaps.
- Grab yourself a bargain, or make some fast extra cash by becoming a stallholder.
Dabble around the markets in Dapto
- Held every Sunday from 7am to 1pm, the Dapto Showground Markets have a fabulous flea market feel.
- One of the largest and most popular markets on the New South Wales South Coast, the Dapto markets have something for everyone.
- There’s over 400 stall offering fresh produce, new and second hand goods, fashion, plants, antiques and furniture.
- Follow the Dapto Showground Markets on Facebook for all the details and latest events.
Seaside market fresh
- Take a seaside stroll through the Kiama Farmers Market each Wednesday afternoon.
- These are held at Coronation Park at Surf Beach, along Manning Street in Kiama.
- The market bell rings to start trade at 3pm in summer, or at 2pm outside of daylight savings time.
- This weekly farmers market offers a wonderful selection of seasonal produce. Along with fruit and veg you can expect to find everything from meat, seafood, honey, eggs and milk along with tempting bakery treats and delightful flowers and plants.
- Follow the Kiama Farmers Market on Facebook for all the latest happenings.
Weekend market in Kiama
- On the weekends in Kiama, head to the Kiama Makers and Growers Market on the fourth Saturday of each month.
- These delightful Make it, Bake it, Grow it, Sew it’ markets offer a wide range of locally grown and crafted food, goodies, fashions and gifts.
- Go browsing for a bargain, or make yourself some extra cash by becoming a stallholder and selling your own wares!